It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Rope jumping with SVT?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #16
    Shakira
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Shakira HB User
    Re: Rope jumping with SVT?

[QUOTE=sb79;2887436]Just imagine having a SVT attack on a long flight to somewhere!QUOTE]

LOL! I'm glad i went to Oz before i got diagnosed! Imagine being on a plane for 24 hours knowing you have SVT?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #17
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User

That's why I carry beta blockers and xanax

Old 03-29-2007, 11:54 AM   #18
    sb79
    (female)

sb79 HB User

[QUOTE=Shakira;2***267]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sb79 View Post
    Just imagine having a SVT attack on a long flight to somewhere!QUOTE]

LOL! I'm glad i went to Oz before i got diagnosed! Imagine being on a plane for 24 hours knowing you have SVT?
    Ignorance is definitely bliss! When i didn't know i had svt, ( my docs told me they were panic attacks) I used to go all over! I loved long flights! Now just the thought makes my heart go into svt!! lol

Old 03-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #19
    arvc
    (female)

arvc HB User

sb79,
    Sorry I haven't answered you before now. My EP cardiologist is the one who said super vtachs "can" be life threatening, if you are proned to having your heart race. Some people seem to have them and their rate shoots high and then comes back down rather quickly, others over a period of time may have episodes where theirs may not come back down as it had before. Of course everyone is different, but yes "some" people do die from it, I vtach even on beta blockers. I guess the key is to report all things to your dr and let them be your guide. Stress has never played a part in my vtachs. I also take Sotalol 240mg a day to help with my vtachs. I started out on 40mg then 80, then120 then 180 and now 240mg. Although I have an ICD it is not fun to be shocked. My heart lost it's ability to control the v-tachs at 30yo. I have a rather unusual heart disease called arvc. It is where fatty tissue is running through my heart and there is no cure right now. I have a more advanced case of it. Sometimes it doesn't even require being physical to vtach, although years ago it did. I hope this answers your question.
    Lyl,
    I have never heard of the beta blockers(pills) being able to control a vtach while in the process of it. That is interesting! I somehow "assumed" that it takes a while for a pill to be absorbed into your system before it takes affect.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:31 AM   #20
    Shakira
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Shakira HB User

I think propranonol are fast acting, aren't they?

Old 03-30-2007, 06:18 AM   #21
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User

I don't know about propranonol being fast acting, but the Atenolol/Xanax take about 20 minutes. I have been checked for heart disease and have been told that as long as I don't get dizzy or passout during my episodes then not to worry. I usually call my mom or someone when it happens so they can stay on the phone with me until it passes.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #22
    Graciella
    (female)

Graciella HB User

Hi everyone,

Yes. I, too, have SVT - was diagnosed with it about 2 years ago. I started recording my attacks and so far I've been having about 4-5 yearly. According to my chart it looks like I get them mostly after vigorous exercise or stressful situation. My heart doesn't go into tachycardia during exercise but I've noticed mostly when I bend forward to pick up something off the floor after exercise or in any given situation. My HR goes to 250 bpm and in that case I lie down flat on the back and wait. I get very heavy chest pain, I feel like crying but luckily my episodes last a short while, anywhere between 5-15 minutes.
    I, too, am afraid how this is going to work when I am pregnant. I want to be a mother and I hope there won't be any complications.
    My cardiologist explained to me the ablation process but said it was my choice and if I don't end up fainting or anything else drastic like that, I could just live as is right now for a long time.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #23
    bb123
    (female)

bb123 HB User

lylone,
    you said you had episodes every month last yr. Were you on medication that time??... I would have that if I am on medication. It seems to work wonders for me for the last 5 months.
    just wondering..... I do noticed exercise sure helps and drinking water.
    Take Care....

Old 04-12-2007, 05:12 AM   #24
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User

bb,

I had one like every month from Jan through July, then had one in November last year. I just had again one lthis past Friday.

Last January was my first in maybe 5 years prior to that incident. I was on one verapamil 180mg since I cound remember and then in January, I had an SVT that lasted more than an hour and I couldn't stop it so, I had to call the ambulance to convert me. I saw a new cardio (because I hadn't seen one in years) and he switched all my meds up. I am now on Diltiazem180mg, benicar 25mg in the AM and atenolol 20mg in the PM. He said that this new combination would work better since what I was on was "an old drug" and these are new better ones out there.
    I got pretty frustrated after a while because I was SVTing every month after these so called "better" drugs. But he told me to give them a chance and since the "new drugs" I have been able to convert myself or they stopped as soon as they started.
    I also take magnesium 250mg in the morning and it helps. So far so good only had one since I started the magnesium.

I have also noticed a difference with diet and exercise. I am actually considering calling a doc, because I have seen bp in the 105/60 range at night and been a little dizzy in bed. Its wierd like I am having bed spins after a night of drinking or something.

I have high blood pressure and are overweight, but I don't smoke, drink anymore, or drink caffiene, eat fast food, have diabetes or high chloresterol. Coronary Artery Disease does run in my family though, so I am doomed. I can handle the hbp, but the SVTs are so annoying!

Lyl

Last edited by lylone; 04-12-2007 at 05:16 AM.

Closed Thread