It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• cardiologist says tachycardia-question about it??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
    carisa789
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

carisa789 HB User
    cardiologist says tachycardia-question about it??

Hello, I am a 28 yr old female. I have been wearing one of those cardiopal heartrate monitors for the last few weeks. My doctor has been getting the readings and says that I do have tachycardia. It is especially fast in the morning after getting out of bed and stays that way for about an hour or so. Sometimes throughout the day I will have it randomly. My question is this-is this dangerous? I called my doctor today to ask about what he is finding from my cardiopal heart monitor and he just said tachycardia. I didn't know what that was, so I looked it up online. I have an appointment with him in about a week and a half to discuss this. I am quite scared. Should I be? He didn't seem concerned, but I am a bit of a worrier. Thanks guys!!

Carisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
    nhemi2
    (male)

nhemi2 HB User
    Re: cardiologist says tachycardia-question about it??

Tachycardia is simply a heart rhythm that is beating faster than normal. For some people this is perfectly fine. This is a low risk finding.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:47 AM   #3
    RS23BT
    (male)

RS23BT HB User

Could be caused by deconditioning, dehydration, or simply your own physiology. The average resting heart rate range is between 60 - 100. Anything over 100 is classified as tachycardia; however, there would be reasons which would prompt a heart rate to go over 100 without being classified as an arrythmia such as illness, exercise, anxiety, stress, etc. Everyone's heart rate differs: not only person to person, but based on activity as well. The issue is not so much the heart rate; rather, how the person's body responds to it.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
    Dancer_Cat86
    (female)

Dancer_Cat86 HB User

its a faster than normal heart beat, but not necessarily a heart condition or abnormnal heart. If its just tachycardia then it might be normal for your heart. If there are abnormal rhythms or extremely fast pusle then there could be an arhythmia, but if its slight tachycardia then your heart might be normal. Ive had monitors with findings of tachycardia of about 150, but because the rhythm was fine and the ecg reading was normal except for tachycardia the doctors werent concerned. I wouldnt worry too much about it, but make sure you ask lots of questions to the cardiologist to know exactly whats causing the tachycardia!

cat

Old 03-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
    carisa789
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

carisa789 HB User

Thank you guys, it's always scary having heart concerns!

Carisa

Old 04-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User

My heart rate is fast in the mornings when I first get out of bed too. It used to be really fast, but now it is usually 90-100. Sitting here at my desk my pulse rate is in the 50s. My cardiologist can't explain it, nor does he worry about it. I always get scared over it too, but I'm trying to just let it go. How fast has yours been going?

Closed Thread