It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• I'am really worried about my PAC's/PVC's and Tachycardia. Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
    NicoletteAshley
    (female)

NicoletteAshley HB User
    Unhappy I'am really worried about my PAC's/PVC's and Tachycardia. Please help!

I'am really worried. My heart has been racing (up to 210 BPM), skipping, fluttering, and at times it feels like it is pausing. Really, really scary! I have had an Echo done not to long ago, blood tests, an Event monitor, and so far everything has come back normal, except for the Sinus Tachycardia on my Event monitor, and some PAC's and PVC's they saw while doing the Echo. I literally think that the Doctors are missing some underlying problem, and that I'am going to die during one of these episodes. I'am just convinced there is something wrong with my heart. For example, when I was wearing the Event monitor, I was able to pick up the Tachycardia, but throughout the time I was wearing it, my heart was not skipping. Now the skipping is back, and it scares me because of how severe and frequent they are. The Event monitor did NOT pick those skipped beats up, so how do they know something serious is not going on???, or why the skipped beats are happening?, or above all could it turn into some thing worse, like Cardiac Arrest. That is my biggest fear. I have been taken by ambulance to the hospital twice in two weeks. I explained on one of my posts on the Anxiety board, what had happened to me in the store, and what happened is that my heart kept skipping and fluttering every other beat for about an hour. My hands, feet, and forehead were clammy, I couldn't breathe very well, and I felt like I was going to freak out and die. It scared the H*** out of me! I know it is something serious because it is changing in frequency and duration. Someone mentioned Bigeminy(spelling?). Is that what this was, and is it dangerous since my echo came back normal? I'am currently on a low dose beta blocker (Toprol) and Alprazolam. My GP reffered me to a Cardiologist, who I'am going to see at the end of the month. I'am only 19, and I hate living my life like this, it's like my body is screaming something is wrong, and I cannot find out what is wrong. I can't sleep because at 2:30-3:00 in the morning, I always wake up with these attacks, so therefore I'am afraid to fall asleep. It's been like this for 3 months now. For anyone who reads this and replies I will appreciate it soooo much. Maybe I will get piece of mind from a response, and be able to sleep. Again thank's so much for any replies, because I need them.

Thanks,

~NicoletteAshley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
    Re: I'am really worried about my PAC's/PVC's and Tachycardia. Please help!

Has your doctor recommended an EP study?

Old 05-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #3
    andrews
    (female)

andrews HB User

Nicolette,

First off you are not alone. Beleive me alot of people hear have gone through the same thing as you. I'm really suprised you haven't had that many responses to this post. Anyhow....I'm gonna give you the best advice that I can and I really really know and understand how you feel. When I was your age I went through EXACTLY the same thing. My heart would be pumping around 180-200bpm and also have pvc's and pac's at the same time. Totally freaked me out. I also had panic attacks etc. at the same time. My parents would look at me like I was a freak or something telling me to "calm down" and "you want to go to the hospital again ?" Yea...that was bad...made me feel worse. Then my friends too !!! Nice bunch of idiots who couldnt understand anything and actually thought it was funny...Well I've learned alot since then. I can only offer you some advice at this point. I am now 42 and still have pvc's occasionally but ITS UNDER CONTROL. You may have some issues going on with the natural pacemaker of your heart that can be corrected fairly quickly. Did the beta blocker help you ? Ive been on it for years and its helped me out big time. Seeing the cardiologist is the best thing to do. Please make sure he is very reputable and has a good following. Look for the best one out there. I live in Boston and have seen some of the best in the world and it really can make a difference. I am 100% sure that this condition will be resplved and you will be able to go back to your old self again. You've had some testing done already and have ruled out anything major so far so thats good. Just keep asking questions here and try to see if you can see the cardio doc sooner than the end of the month. You will feel much better once you know what the real problem is and if you can fix it asap which at your age I'm sure you will. Hang in there and everything will be ok....

Old 05-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #4
    NicoletteAshley
    (female)

NicoletteAshley HB User

Andrews,
    Thank you for the reply. Your words are very comforting. It's complete H*** going through this, as a lot of people on this board already know. Timber, your replies have put me at ease in my older posts. What exactly is an EP study?

Old 05-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
    andreanna
    (female)

andreanna HB User

An EP study is a smile outpatient procedure. They induce catheters into yoru arteries through the groin area and do and electrophysiology study on your heart. I just had one done and they were able to replicate the attacks but... my heat had abnormal anatomy so they were unable to correct ( ablate ) the problem at this time. The study itself is not bad. I just had abnormal complications soo untypical and probable not related to the study at all. Many people here have had them feel to free to post the question and see what others say. You wont feel it and the risks are low. I was put on many meds before they resorted to the study and ablation.

Good luck.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
    skorpion1028
    (male)

skorpion1028 HB User

Nico,

I just came across your ad and was wondering how you were doing. Your description is EXACTLY what is happening to me. I just had an attack today where I felt a big spasm in my heart then rapid and off-beat. Please respond so that we may talk further. I am a 42 year old male.

Love,

Josell

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NicoletteAshley View Post
    I'am really worried. My heart has been racing (up to 210 BPM), skipping, fluttering, and at times it feels like it is pausing. Really, really scary! I have had an Echo done not to long ago, blood tests, an Event monitor, and so far everything has come back normal, except for the Sinus Tachycardia on my Event monitor, and some PAC's and PVC's they saw while doing the Echo. I literally think that the Doctors are missing some underlying problem, and that I'am going to die during one of these episodes. I'am just convinced there is something wrong with my heart. For example, when I was wearing the Event monitor, I was able to pick up the Tachycardia, but throughout the time I was wearing it, my heart was not skipping. Now the skipping is back, and it scares me because of how severe and frequent they are. The Event monitor did NOT pick those skipped beats up, so how do they know something serious is not going on???, or why the skipped beats are happening?, or above all could it turn into some thing worse, like Cardiac Arrest. That is my biggest fear. I have been taken by ambulance to the hospital twice in two weeks. I explained on one of my posts on the Anxiety board, what had happened to me in the store, and what happened is that my heart kept skipping and fluttering every other beat for about an hour. My hands, feet, and forehead were clammy, I couldn't breathe very well, and I felt like I was going to freak out and die. It scared the H*** out of me! I know it is something serious because it is changing in frequency and duration. Someone mentioned Bigeminy(spelling?). Is that what this was, and is it dangerous since my echo came back normal? I'am currently on a low dose beta blocker (Toprol) and Alprazolam. My GP reffered me to a Cardiologist, who I'am going to see at the end of the month. I'am only 19, and I hate living my life like this, it's like my body is screaming something is wrong, and I cannot find out what is wrong. I can't sleep because at 2:30-3:00 in the morning, I always wake up with these attacks, so therefore I'am afraid to fall asleep. It's been like this for 3 months now. For anyone who reads this and replies I will appreciate it soooo much. Maybe I will get piece of mind from a response, and be able to sleep. Again thank's so much for any replies, because I need them.

Thanks,

~NicoletteAshley

Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
    NicoletteAshley
    (female)

NicoletteAshley HB User

Hello Josell,
    I'am so sorry you are suffering with the same thing. I'am still experiancing these ''attacks'', so I'am still having a hard time dealing with it emotionally and psychologically. It takes a lot out of me. Everybody around me tells me to get over it, or to just stop thinking about it. Well that is easier said then done, especially when it comes out of no where! Most of the time I just can't help it. I hope you begin to feel better. I would love to talk with you further, so I hope to hear from you.

Take care!

~NicoletteAshley

Old 05-23-2007, 03:13 AM   #8
    bb123
    (female)

bb123 HB User

nicolette,
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Get medication to control your heart.
    It helps me ALOT!!!!!. I used to think that is gonna be my life!! yuk!!!
    Once I got on meds, took a month or 2 to get used to that meds then I was pretty much back to myself. Can take long walks. I noticed reduced energy but .......
    I take that over any episodes or attacks. SCARY!!!! WE ALL AGREE!!!
    Just try not to think about it too much but do see a heart dr.
    I am sure you are healthy, your heart has it own personality.
    It is actually an electricial problem. People who have SVT----- rapid heartrate have normal heart.
    Good Luck.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:46 AM   #9
    accessn12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

accessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB Useraccessn12 HB User

I grew up with those symptoms. Never thought anything about them and assumed it was normal. The only thing the docs ever asked was whether my heart always beat that fast and once in a while someone would mumble something about a murmer.

At the age of 32, I finally found out I was hyperthyroid and that it is not the type of thing that everybody feels. Amazing how the mind works. Now, they make me nervous. I do take meds that pretty much control it but I'm still alive and kicking at 48. One of these days I may have my heart checked out.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:30 AM   #10
    ww23river
    (female)

ww23river HB User

how would u explain the skipping...what does it feel like exactly?

Old 09-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #11
    angel77777777
    (female)

angel77777777 HB User

sounds like you have the same symptoms as my aunt. Ask your doc about SVT.

Last edited by angel77777777; 09-03-2008 at 05:07 AM.

Closed Thread