It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Heart flutters

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
    k2626
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

k2626 HB User
    Heart flutters

I have been having heart flutters about once or twice a day lately. It almost feels like I get a few super quick heart beats and then my heart starts beating normal again. I have had echos, and ekg's in the past for other matters, and everything came back fine. My concern is my dad was recently diagosed with Articular fib., they did not diagnose him with this (after many times to the doc for the flutters) for awhile--not until he was actually having an episode while running tests.

Should I be concerned that I may have AF as well, or are these harmless flutters?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
    sbarron76
    (male)

sbarron76 HB User
    Re: Heart flutters

i'm getting those too 8 months later after the birth of my second son....but i think they are caused by acid reflux...because i have pain in the middle of my chest and burping lots and then i feel my heart do this really deep fast heart beat and then back to normal...it doesn't feel like a pvc...i get these like once or twice daily also...

Old 08-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
    katherineutc
    (female)

katherineutc HB User
    Re: Heart flutters

I had heart flutters really bad for about 5-6 days in a row... This was very recently. I was really freaking out over them. I thought there was something seriously wrong. I wondered if I would wake up in the morning when I'd go to sleep! I am female and 26. There wasn't anything I was specifically stressed about at that time, either (though I have been worried for a while about not having found a job yet). After cutting out caffeine (I am never going to have another Diet Coke ever again, esp. after discovering all the yucky stuff it has), starting a multivitamin (Women's Ultra Mega from GNC, to get what my body needed, especially magnesium, which can cause heart arrhythmias), taking a CoQ-10 supplement (helps with heart functioning) each day, and starting on omega-3 fish oil pills, they stopped! I also ordered some "Natural Calm" which is an easily absorbed magnesium supplement, it's supposed to help with flutters, I will take it when I get it in the mail, just in case.

I also attribute a lot to prayer and giving it over to God... In my life, nothing can compare to having Jesus on my side.

Closed Thread