It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Constant palpitaions getting worse for 2 days now :\

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
    LovelyOne
    (female)

LovelyOne HB User
    Constant palpitaions getting worse for 2 days now :\

I have multiple health problems but one thing I cannot ignore anymore is the palpitaions I have been having. I think it might be a blockage, I was close to 100% sure when I checked symptoms but could anyone confirm or possibly suggest what is causing my symptoms?

I've been having left arm pain for close to a year now but it's a constant upper arm/shoulder pain that does not get worse or better throughout the day it's just I have it some days and then I get this achy feeling from my left breast to my upper arm/shoulder area.

The palpitations used to come every month and it happened maybe 2 times in a minute or so. Now they seem to be coming on more frequently for the past 2 days it's been constant every hour I'll get the feeling I'm missing a heartbeat then my heart "kicks back in," and I get a lightheaded fluttery feeling. I will get these palpitaions about 4-5ish a minute. It used to happen as I get the palp then I have a rush to my head when my heartbeat got regular.

Pulse seems to be lower at 54-60 which I thought was normal but it used to be about 70ish which I am not in tip top shape so I have no clue why it's gotten lower. BP varies from like 106/60 to 140/60's etc.

Besides what I mentioned the only other things I have are fatigue which I'm not sure if it's my other health problems or related to this problem I am now having, and cloudy thinking if that makes sense.

I am contemplating going to the ER but I really dont' want to since they are idiots there and couldn't diagnose my gallbladder stones, ovarian cyst, fatty liver until I went there at least 6 or so times.

Last edited by LovelyOne; 08-27-2007 at 06:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
    confused32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

confused32 HB User
    Re: Constant palpitaions getting worse for 2 days now :\

You sound like me. I get palps usually 3-4 times a few days before my period. This month i am having about 5-6 times a day im getting them and they feel worse than usual. I have been worried about this for the last 2 days.

I like you also have been dealing with left arm pain/tingling for over a year now. That is the pain that got me started with having all the heart test done. All test show my heart is fine. I have the chest pain, arm pain, shoulder pain and back pain. It is not constant or everyday though. I also have the fatigue but i work full time, go to school full time and have a 2 year old so i contribute most of the fatigue to that.

How old are you? I am 35 and im noticing that now before my period my symptoms are getting worse and im getting more of them. Are you due to start soon? Im hoping that after i start that the palps go away till next month. The other pains, ive pretty much given up thinking its my heart due to all the testing ive had done, everything short of a cath. Maybe for both of us its our hormones!!!

Confused

Old 08-27-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
    LovelyOne
    (female)

LovelyOne HB User

I'm only 26 but in pretty bad health I will be 27 on the 29th of this month....I haven't had a period in awhile BUT it's because of my ovarian cyst so my dr has ordered a pelvic US but it takes a long time to get the approval for a test. I am hoping it's nothing serious but my cholesterol is bad as well 130 for bad good cholesterol is 30.....I am sorry you've had to deal with this crap too, it's not fun having these palps along with the dizziness I'm so young yet I can't do much because of my health problems meh life does suck sometimes!

Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
    deljo
    (female)

deljo HB User

I also have palpitations constantly. I had a period in
    April where I was getting them every 2 min. all weekend. I called my cardiologist and got my appointment moved from Aug. to May. Of course by then they stopped. I wore a holter monitor for 24 hrs. nothing showed. I'm once again having them a couple of times a day. I feel them in my stomach. Like you its like a kick. Also I feel twinges by my shoulder and collar bone. Also they seem to be more prevalent at night when I first go to bed. I had a heart attack 6.5 yrs. ago and have a stent. The Dr. says don't worry almost always palpitations are harmless. He also said to go to E.R. so they will be documented and he can see whats going on. Its like a toothache, when you go to the dentist it doesn't hurt. I want answers as these are worrisome.

Closed Thread