It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Multiple Heart Palpitations.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
    littlemanbig
    (male)

littlemanbig HB User
    Multiple Heart Palpitations.

Guys I hope someone can give me some advice QUICK!

I was just playing on my games console when I started to get palpitations. I get them from time to time but I've never had them quite like this.

I felt my heart flutter but not just the once, but about 8 times and it felt like my heart was going crazy...they stopped but a few minutes after they started again and I got another 8 palpitations. Now I can feel another set coming on I think

It certainly doesn't feel normal...and now I'm panicking because I don't know what to do. Should I go to the hospital? Or is it nothing to worry about?

I'm only 25. HEEEELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #2
    coastgirl198
    (female)

coastgirl198 HB User
    Re: Multiple Heart Palpitations.

Don't know if I can be much help but that happened to me lots of times,scared me but it always stopped then one night it didn't stop felt like my heart was coming out of my chest,flutters were crazy also had tacycardia called 911 was in hosp for 3 days,wore monitor had all the test found out I had mvp.was put on atenolol and it seemed to stop them.started getting them again and now I take a magnesium pill everyday and always eat 2 or 3 tums when I feel them coming on.The doc said mine aren't dangerous and if they get bad he will give me some other med don't know what that would be though.try not to panic just makes it worse.might wanna see your doc just to get checked out.if it gets to bad go to er. sorry probaly not much help but hope you feel better

Old 10-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #3
    littlemanbig
    (male)

littlemanbig HB User

Thanks coastgirl.

I get them when I'm anxious but it's only just a "thump" that I feel and it's only just the one. Whereas tonight...they were more like "thump, bump, wollop, bang" and it happened about 3 times. It totally freaked me out! I've been very stressed since yesterday though...I have a feeling this is what brought it on but I needed some reassurance.

I'm trying not to worry but I can't get the thought that my heart is malfunctioning out of my head which is making it worse!

Thank you anyway

Old 10-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
    bb123
    (female)

bb123 HB User

You will be fine. VERY SCARY ESP THE FIRST TIME.
    I have SVT for a year and now I seem not to think about it.
    Exercise helps.
    Anxiety can bring it on.
    see a dr and get some kind of meds to control your healthy heart.
    My heart is strong and healthy just goes WHACKO!!! when it wants to. LOL
    It is under control with Metoprolol 25MG. I get tired more but ... I can deal with that.
    Take Care...

Old 10-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
    Refuge 51
    (female)

Refuge 51 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by littlemanbig View Post
    Thanks coastgirl.

I get them when I'm anxious but it's only just a "thump" that I feel and it's only just the one. Whereas tonight...they were more like "thump, bump, wollop, bang" and it happened about 3 times. It totally freaked me out! I've been very stressed since yesterday though...I have a feeling this is what brought it on but I needed some reassurance.

I'm trying not to worry but I can't get the thought that my heart is malfunctioning out of my head which is making it worse!

Thank you anyway

The thump is your heart trying to correct the rhythm. Are you drinking coffee, tea or colas? Caffeine will cause the erratic beating too. I would definitely get it checked out as it begins in the early twenties or as a teen. Ask the doctor for an ekg and a 48 hour holter.

By the way, you can also get this from being low in potassium, calcium and magnesium.

Last edited by Refuge 51; 10-21-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
    josey
    (female)

josey HB User

I have this, too. I was dx with Premature Atrial contractions (PACs). They are very worrisome to me as well but the cardiologist assured me that they are completely benign. Mine feel like you mentioned as well - like my heart flip-flops or flutters in my chest and then my heart does a really strong beat. My heart doesn't ever really race, just the flutters and bangs. Last night it was really bad and kept me up. I still worry about it. I am 36 now and all of this started for me in my mid-20s as well.

I would suggest you go see a cardiologist. They'll do an exam and probably put you on a monitor for a few days/weeks. This will allow them to record and view your heart rhythms. They can tell what is going on by viewing them. As far as taking drugs to regulate it, my doc gave me the option but told me that the side effects probably outweighed the benefits at this point. So I opted out. If they get really bothersome in the future, I will probably opt for the meds but for now I am trying to push through it and live a healthy life.

Closed Thread