It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• diet pills/chest pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2003, 12:28 AM   #1
    LindaG
    Inactive

LindaG HB User
    Post diet pills/chest pain

Hi everyone. I've been taking the diet pill Phentermine for a month and a half and have started feeling a heavy, pushing pain in the upper middle part of my chest that goes up into my throat. I've done lots of research on this pill and there are no cases of heart damage unless it's prescribed in combination with other pills (remember Phen-Fen?) Phentermine is supposedly heart safe. I pose questions on diet pill message boards and no one else is experiencing this. Years ago I was told that I had a little heart murmur but it was nothing to worry about. Could these pills have started a problem with that? I also have the feeling that I just don't get enough air when I inhale and I need to cough and take a really deep breath every so often. If I'm sitting slouched I feel like I have to sit up and take the pressure off my chest to help the discomfort. No hand or ankle swelling. I just have the feeling that something is wrong. Could this be a lung problem? I feel embarrassed to be asking about this instead of just stopping the pills but I've done hours of searching and nothing leads me to believe that the Phentermine is the problem. It's been helpful and I'm very close to reaching my weight loss goal and would like to finish this bottle and be done with it. But if anyone here thinks my signs are serious I'll stop right away and go to a doctor. Thank you for any thoughts or advice! P.S. I don't know if this means anything but the only family member I have who had heart problems was my male cousin who died in last October of Congestive Heart Failure at age 33. I'm also 33 now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread