It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Mitral Valve Prolapse

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-26-2003, 07:34 AM   #1
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
    Post Mitral Valve Prolapse

Although I've been diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse, and I have palpitations and other symptoms, I completely agree with the following:

"Mitral Valve Prolapse--the Current FAD Diagnosis (a diagnosis of convenience for the physician)

There are many different conditions that can affect the mitral valve. The one described on this page is just the recent FAD diagnosis that has no specific disease process attached to it--certainly the vast majority of recent MVP diagnoses.

NO conventional clinician would EVER call any of the legitimate mitral valve lesions MVP. Examples of conditions that are not MVP: Rheumatic Valvular Insufficiency or Stenosis and Myxomatous Mitral Valvular insufficiency. If you have one of these conditions, this article is not about you!

The valvular condition described by this medical FAD (MVP) is a harmless "normal varient" of the structure of the heart. The physician uses it as a blanket "explanation" for a myriad of symptoms the allopathic paradigm has no way of explaining separately. The physician says: "NOW we know what was causing all those symptoms you have had so long so we don't have to think about them anymore. Here take this pill for your MVP and go live with it."

The Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) diagnosis is a current fad in medicine that has no clinical significance. Just because we CAN diagnose something doesn't mean it is important to that person's health. Unfortunately, putting a name to someone's symptoms does nothing about identifying the causes for them. One could have their MVP surgically corrected to normal and NONE of their symptoms, ascribed to the MVP, would change at all. As a matter of fact, this was actually done in the early days of this "diagnosis" and the fact that it did not change symptoms at all powerfully pushed the profession to their present stand that this is a normal varient of anatomy and is truly a non-symptomatic condition.

Unfortunately, by the time the profession realized this, many physicians found how convenient it was to not have to face their multiply symptomed patient and admit that they had no idea what was causing their symptoms. Finally, they had some learned` thing to tell the patient and it felt so GOOD that it is now very hard for them to let go of their "pacifier" and, once again, admit to the patient that they have no idea what is causing all their symptoms. SO, until the public becomes educated, they will continue taking medications for an imaginary condition.

All of the symptoms currently ascribed to MVP are explained by the storage of chronic stress-effect in the hypothalamus. People with that problem (a seriously epidemic situation in this country today) almost all have Leaky Gut Syndrome (LGS) and the secondary infestation of Candida-Related Syndrome (C-RS). This is why all the symptoms of MVP will disappear when the chronic stress overload is dealt with and why treating LGS and C-RS gets rid of the symptoms too: One has to deal with the chronic stress-effect storage to resolve either of those conditions. So far, the only thing known that will do that is the regular practice of effective Skilled Relaxation. See the homepage article about stress and the one about SR. See the glossary for any unfamiliar terms.

Unfortunately the current rush, by the harried physician, to just prescribe something (ANYTHING), just to get the patient out of the office, adds to the stress load the patient's physiology is already struggling to survive. Now, it has to cope with all that it was dealing with before plus the medication(s).

This is one more example of why current medical practice in this country is the 4th leading cause of death. Until the public is tired of what is going on and learns how to help themselves, this kind of travesty will continue. How many people do you know who are being "treated" for MVP?

Basically if I was diagnosed with MVP I would look at the underlying causes of the symptoms, which are now being blamed on the MVP, and do something about them. I wouldn't worry at all about the valvular varient itself.

Walt Stoll, MD"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2003, 07:50 PM   #2
    NMc

NMc HB User
    Hi Timber:
    I think the medical profession has given up looking for the cause of many of the symptoms it diagnoses, which is especially disconcerting when doing so could prevent/reduce further progression of a patient's "disease". It's simply too easy to prescibe meds to treat the symptoms - and how convenient that drug companies are there to lend a hand.

Closed Thread