It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Walking and arms go numb and tingling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
    twokatss
    Inactive
    (female)

twokatss HB User
    Walking and arms go numb and tingling

I am type 2 diabetic. Insulin dependant. I walk every night around a large block. About 1 mile. The past couple weeks, I have noticed my arms are aching and I have a pain between my shoulders. My hands also are tingling, like they are falling asleep. I do a feel a bit out of breath also when this is happening.... It is very annoying and scares me. When I get home and sit it goes away.
    It does not bother me when I am vacuuming or doing chores....

I am worried it could be something with my heart not getting enough blood supply from a blockage or something. Would these be symptomatic of something along those lines.... Thankyou for you replys....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
    vmartino26
    (male)

vmartino26 HB User
    Re: Walking and arms go numb and tingling

You should definitely get yourself checked out. Those symptoms of arm tingling and pain could be a myriad of things, but when you couple that with the shortness of breath -- you should be looked at. The female body reacts differently than the male body when it comes to heart problems. Sometimes the symptoms with women are much more vague than with men. While men may have pain and shortness of breath, et cetera, women sometimes have vague pains that come and go, don't impact them all the time, et cetera. It's worth getting checked out. Good luck.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twokatss View Post
    I am type 2 diabetic. Insulin dependent. ... My hands also are tingling, like they are falling asleep. I do a feel a bit out of breath also when this is happening....
    Nerve problems (Neuropathy), and Breathing Problems, are common with Diabetes or Insulin Resistance.

If you don't mind me asking, how many calories in your average meal, and how many calories per day do you consume?

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
    twokatss
    Inactive
    (female)

twokatss HB User

In responce to Beer zoids question: I never have counted calories. But I do Carb count. because of the diabetes.

45 grams of carb----breakfast and lunch
    60 at dinner...

Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Are the Carbs that you eat LOW on the Glycemic Index?

Do you have any idea how many grams of fat or protein?

Diet is the most important weapon against Diabetes Type II, or Insulin Resistance (which I have). Many don't really fully realize the healing effects of a balanced, healthy low calorie diet.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 04-04-2008 at 07:54 AM.

Closed Thread