It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Beta Blocker, side effects?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
    paulieboy908
    (male)

paulieboy908 HB User
    Beta Blocker, side effects?

Hello everyone, i have a question about Beta Blockers and was wondering if anyone here ever experienced odd side effects. I was put on a Zebeta 1X daily for tachyachardia approx 6months ago (which was beleived to be caused by vitamin deficiencies and dehydration) and have been experiencing multiple possible side effects, the biggest one and concern is that i get chest discomfort i did not have before, my hands tend to look alittle pail at times, much fatigue and just an overall lowsey feeling. Any insite would be great. Thankyou, Paul

Last edited by paulieboy908; 08-02-2008 at 10:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2008, 05:50 AM   #2
    tc1414
    (male)

tc1414 HB User
    Re: Beta Blocker, side effects?

Paulieboy,
    I'd also be interested in seeing others' responses to this. I have definitely experienced the odd chest pains and sensations while on beta blockers. I started off on metoprolol and then was switched to bystolic because the side effects were too much for me. They've subsided quite a bit, but I still get the weird chest sensations/pain, a lot of it centered in my left chest, under the armpit, too. I never got these feelings before taking beta blockers, so I can only think that it's an odd side effect.
    The fatigue and "lowsy" feeling are pretty standard across the board for all beta blockers. The metoprolol made me feel VERY fatigued nearly every day. Beta blockers are also known for causing tingling or cold sensations in the hands and feet, so that may be the paleness you're seeing or feeling. If the side effects are extreme or concern you, though, you should def talk to your doc about it. Different people are affected differently by different beta blockers, and there may be a winning combination out there for you with minimal side effects.

Last edited by tc1414; 08-03-2008 at 05:53 AM.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
    QVic
    (female)

QVic HB User
    Re: Beta Blocker, side effects?

I had these chest pains while taking beta-blockers too, to the degree that I stopped taking them figuring the original problem was less worry than the chest pains. The problem is I still get them 2 months after stopping taking the beta blockers, admittedly they're much less severe, but they're still there, and are really un-nerving. When I told the doctor (a different one to the person who'd prescribed them) that I'd weaned stopped some medication recently because of chest pains he guessed straight away that they were beta blockers. I'd go back to the doctor and see if there's not something else you could be prescribed, and quickly.

Closed Thread