It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Sharp Paiful Heart Flutters!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-30-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
    bullgod
    (male)

bullgod HB User
    Sharp Paiful Heart Flutters!

Hi,

Not sure if any1 can help me with my problem/s

I am a 28 year old male with Heart disease in the family

I have been getting really sharp painful heart flutters ( The sharpe pain occurs with the heart beat!- Only when the flutters happen! ) just the last few days . ( I have been getting this on and off the last few years- but not so regular or painful ). Its ok when i am up and walking or working- It happenss more when i sit or lay down with my feet up!!.. It feels like a sharp popping in the heart or like touching an electric fence feeling but only with the heart beat. Defenatly coming from the heart !!( Flutter Mode ). I dont really get a tight feeling in the chest or shortness of breath. I do also get a tingly sensation in the bbottom left shoulder blade- more like a feeling from the back of the heart or inside spine!.. This occurs in different times usually after i smoked. But i dont smoke now.

Really would appreciate if any1 know what this may be.

ALSO

Not sure if this would be related to the above.

I have an extreme problem with heights,open highway, large bridges elevators , tunnels, up high, night driving with lack of street lights etc.

I am not scared of the above at all!! my brain seems to have a bad reaction when i know i am coming up too or partaking in any of the above .

Doctors say it is a panic attack etc etc but its not i have tried medication with no avail.

Symtoms:

Complete confusion
    Feel like i am going to die! literally
    sureal feelings
    feel like i am going to slip in a coma
    numbness
    Cannot swallow properly

This also has a major increase in the above sysmptoms when i am hungover

symptoms dont occur or very little occurance when i have had a few drinks!!

strange but true!!

So if anyone thinks they may know what this may be besides saying panic attack would be helpful to me because this is really effecting me.

Thanks

Billi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
    hopesprings2
    Inactive
    (female)

hopesprings2 HB User
    Re: Sharp Paiful Heart Flutters!

this is something a doctor needs to check out first

Old 08-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

A couple of possible health ailments come to mind, that you could rule out, one way or another.

I am thinking MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) or Insulin Resistance, both of which could be causing some of your symptoms.

For instance..... you say that your symptoms get worse when you sit, or lie down. Have you noticed if you have the problem in only one chair, or do you have increased symptoms regardless of where you sit? You could be reacting to the dust, material or dyes in the chair, or bed. Have you had problems with allergies or chemical sensitivities?

Regarding Insulin Resistance... any diabetes problems in your family? Are you overweight? Do you eat a healthy, low carb diet?

What happens with MCS or Insulin Resistance, is that your body over-produces body chemicals, which can attack the heart, or any other organs, glands or nerves.

Anyway, I figured I throw out some ideas.

Good luck at resolving your health mystery!

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
    Jon P70
    (male)

Jon P70 HB User

I'd rule out the heart as well because you have no pain reseptors in the heart. It might be in the area of your heart but I don't belive you can feel your heart.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
    niki71
    (female)

niki71 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullgod View Post
    Hi,

Not sure if any1 can help me with my problem/s

I am a 28 year old male with Heart disease in the family

I have been getting really sharp painful heart flutters ( The sharpe pain occurs with the heart beat!- Only when the flutters happen! ) just the last few days . ( I have been getting this on and off the last few years- but not so regular or painful ). Its ok when i am up and walking or working- It happenss more when i sit or lay down with my feet up!!.. It feels like a sharp popping in the heart or like touching an electric fence feeling but only with the heart beat. Defenatly coming from the heart !!( Flutter Mode ). I dont really get a tight feeling in the chest or shortness of breath. I do also get a tingly sensation in the bbottom left shoulder blade- more like a feeling from the back of the heart or inside spine!.. This occurs in different times usually after i smoked. But i dont smoke now.

Really would appreciate if any1 know what this may be.

ALSO

Not sure if this would be related to the above.

I have an extreme problem with heights,open highway, large bridges elevators , tunnels, up high, night driving with lack of street lights etc.

I am not scared of the above at all!! my brain seems to have a bad reaction when i know i am coming up too or partaking in any of the above .

Doctors say it is a panic attack etc etc but its not i have tried medication with no avail.

Symtoms:

Complete confusion
    Feel like i am going to die! literally
    sureal feelings
    feel like i am going to slip in a coma
    numbness
    Cannot swallow properly

This also has a major increase in the above sysmptoms when i am hungover

symptoms dont occur or very little occurance when i have had a few drinks!!

strange but true!!

So if anyone thinks they may know what this may be besides saying panic attack would be helpful to me because this is really effecting me.

Thanks

Billi
    not saying you are not feeling what you are feeling but I haven`t heard of painful heart flutters allthough anything is possible, i suffer from heart flutters myself its scary!! but if you are having any chest pain make a doctor appointment and have them rule it out, also if you are under alot of stress or do alot of strenious work it can effect your heart,more so put more strain on your chest muscles maybe thats it.hope this helped

Last edited by niki71; 11-01-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
    AlanPi
    (male)

AlanPi HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
    I am thinking MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities) or Insulin Resistance, both of which could be causing some of your symptoms.
    I think MCS makes a lot of sense! I also have some sharp pain left chest, about 3rd rib up from the bottom of the rib cage. I don't think it's the heart since there is no fatigue or shortness of breath involved. More like the nearby muscles are fluttering. I also have mid-night wakeups, thirst and urination, it could all be anxiety and over produced chemicals involved.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:24 AM   #7
    hopesprings2
    Inactive
    (female)

hopesprings2 HB User

see a doctor

Closed Thread