It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Bradycardia and Tachycardia together question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
    Mila8866
    (female)

Mila8866 HB User
    Bradycardia and Tachycardia together question

A disseminated infection considerably effected my son Neurologically. He is now 13. Strong multi-antibiotics have improved him from a Neuro perspective but his heart rate continues to decline. To Date he has had minimal heart testing. A recent 24-holter monitor had Bradycardia events calculated at 50bpm and below, not 60bpm and below, and spontaneous Tachycardia events.

At 50bmp and below he had 770 events of totaling 5.25 hours.
    If changed to 60bmp and below these numbers would quadruple, he would have likely close to 2500 brady events for a total estimated 18 hours.
    The Tachy events were fewer 123, for 69 minutes total time.
    While sitting, standing he runs in the high 40's
    while sleeping it reduced to 42bpm
    However he has sudden onsets of tachycardia even during sleep and resting that last just seconds or minutes and then fall immediately down to around 50 or below. He does have symptoms, complaints of shortness of breath.

This doesn't seem right to me. Plus during these episodes of brady to tachy to brady, there are these scribble lines, like fibrillation or fluttering would look. Except that when this occurs the ecg waves become very drifty or wandering. I can only find info that says drifting and wandering tracings indicate artifact. But these wavy lines occurs with the onset of a onset of a tachy event during brady, and with VE? and PAC? events.

His report had the Afib on "off" and there was no calculations provided for the QT or QRS ?? durations.

Is anyone familar with Bradycardia and sudden short bursts of Tachycardia?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread