It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• PVC's Decreased in Number due to Meds, question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
    kyomagi
    (male)

kyomagi HB User
    PVC's Decreased in Number due to Meds, question

Hi, up until last year, i had recorded 12k + pvc's in one day. After a week of increasing my Verapamil dose from 120mg to 240mg, a new recording showed my pvcs were cut in half. Now over a year later, im down to roughly 2,000 at worst. During the day i never really have pvc's It is RARE , maybe one or two in the day when im working or not sleeping. But my question is, when i do have a pvc i can notice, i feel a paliptation and like a rush of blood to the legs type feeling. I wonder if i get this feeling because im not used to having them any more? Also, it feels sometimes that my legs are worn down when i walk around at a store or something. Im 27, weigh 225 lbs, dont smoke or drink.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
    edwindad
    (male)

edwindad HB User
    Re: PVC's Decreased in Number due to Meds, question

Hi Kyomagi,

My doctor told me that almost nobody treats PVCs. I am also a severely PVC person and also suffer CHF, I questioned the doc if PVC is causing the CHF, but he told me no one ever treats it.

Can i ask why did you doc decide he should not just leave your PVC alone?

Thanks,
    edwindad

Old 11-29-2009, 05:42 AM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

PVCs, PACs, Tachycardias, ...... heart rhythm disturbances can be the direct result of increased, or excessive hormones and cytokines. The body releases these body chemicals, which in turn can agitate the heart and cause it to misfire.

There are many, MANY things that can cause the body to release excess body chemicals, such as diet, Immune System Disorders, Heart Failure, Heart Value Dysfunction, and external influences such as allergens, pollutants, pollens and other irritants.

Over time, if these body chemicals are allowed to persist in excess within the body, they can cause damage to organs, glands, nerves, including the thyroid, heart, kidneys, etc. PVCs and PACs, if not treated properly will progressively result in worsening health, in my humble non-professional opinion (IMHNPO).

Better, more competent, more skilled doctors realize this and prescribe the most effective medications to deal with the progressive, negative health effects of over-active and over-reactive NeuroHormonal and Immune Systems, and also advise their patients about healthy diet and appropriate exercise.

⇒ Cheap effective asthma inhaler: Fluticasone Nasal Spray!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 11-29-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
    mbrian
    (male)

mbrian HB User

I just have to chime in.
    For 10 years, I have PVC's. Yes, did everything - 3decho, stress test, ekg, thalium, blood tests. All A-OK. At the time they started, I was working out quite often, about 4-5 times a week, jogging, as well as eating very healthy. So it was a mystery. As most people with constant premature beats do, you worry, then get anxious, then hear the doctor say all is OK, that they are not life threatening and to provide assurance. Yet they persist. Then go away. Then come back. I was bi-gemini.

I tried everything. Lots of changes in my diet. My exercise regime. I increased coffee and decreased, yet same thing.

About 6 weeks ago, I began a small diet....nothing much. I am an ex athlete so I wanted to lose about 12 pounds to get back into shape. I lost about 8 pounds in 4 weeks, then one night I came home and was very light headed, blurred vision. My PVC's were going through the roof. Beat, skip beat, beat, skip beat. The next day was not much better. would get light headed standing up - blurred vision once or twice a day for a few seconds. Got very worried. So I started researching on my own.

And you know what I found? I believe I found the reason for my PVC's. Severe lack of Vitamin B-12. It all came together. Because of my low cholesterol diet for years, and lack of a lot of red meat, I was diagnosed about 10 years ago with low B-12. I had some nervous twitches and my arms tingled. Nobody could figure it out. Not a neurologist, internal medicine doctor, endocronologist. Then I went to another doctor who actually listened to my symptoms and did some research. Yep. He ordered the B-12 tests and I was low (less than 150). So I just took vitamins for 3 weeks and they increased to about 250. He thought all was fine But my pVC's had not gotten better.

For the last 10 years I have had them off and on. Driving me crazy.
    Then, 5 days ago, as I said, I researched and aligned my symptoms with other variables and voilla, my blood pressure must be too low, and my B-12 stores depleted.

So, I am now on sublingual Vitamin B-12 5000mcg a day, and within 2 days, my PVCs have gone down from about 15,000 a day, to about 300. And I believe they will continue to subside once I get my B-12 banks reloaded.....for some reason, my body does not make the intrinsic factor necessary, so I was always low, and combined with my low fat high fiber diet, along with high caffeine, was depleting my body of what b-12 I had left, not to mention other important minerals.

No more blurred vision. Much much fewer PVC's. And I will stay on B-12 for life.

I have my annual physical in 3 weeks. I'll have blood work drawn, but for now, feel like a million bucks.

If you are suffering from PVC's and have tried lots of things, you might want to give B-12 a try....either via injection or sublingual form. It can't hurt you, and I suspect it will solve your problem, reduce your anxiety and depression, and make you feel much better.

Here is to B-12!

Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
    kyomagi
    (male)

kyomagi HB User

well he put me on cause it was effecting my quality of life, since i have been on meds, iv been ok.

My other question is, i sometimes feel a flip flop in my chest, could that be a pvc and then my heart pumping hard to get all the extra blood out the pvc missed?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
    mbrian
    (male)

mbrian HB User

I've also felt flip flops. In fact, that is what I still call them when I talk about it with my wife. I would say on a bad day that my flip flops are bad. It is the PVC and again, not life threatening according to my cardiologist.

When I dont focus on them as much, I dont feel them. It's when I would constantly take my pulse, feel the flop and then get upset. Then they would get worse. A vicious cycle. Which is why so many people say that it is good to exercise or do yoga, or read or something to take your mind off of it. For all I know (and the Holter monitor would show), they happen all the time but I dont feel them until I worry.

Anyway, the B-12 seems to be helping.....also chewing my food better as I've noticed that if there is pressure in my espohgagus, the flip flops get worse. I dont have heart burn or the symptoms of acid reflux, but when I take my vitamins or eat too fast, I feel the flip flops more.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User

I wonder if PVCs and SVTs are triggered by something in the throat or if they are like esophgus related. I get them at night before I go to sleep, but when I sit up I immediately burp. Also, when I feel like I have a PVC or an SVT, I cough and it usually goes away. I wonder if it is related in anyway because I always have had SVTs about an hour after eating.
    B12 is a no go for me. When I take it I get all hyper and jumpy sort of like when I am having an SVT. I have figured out that Vitamin D or sitting in the sun for about 15 minutes every other week keeps mine away.
    In the winter I do the tanning bed since I only see the sun if I am lucky on the weekends. I figured this out after noticing that the SVTs and PVCs are worse in the winter....

Lylone

Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #8
    kyomagi
    (male)

kyomagi HB User

question, can someone define palipitations? Are they the skip part of the pvc or is it the beat that comes after the pvc?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kyomagi View Post
    question, can someone define palipitations? Are they the skip part of the pvc or is it the beat that comes after the pvc?
    I am certainly not a medical expert, but, In My Humble Non-Professional Opinion (IMHNPO) the heart can have a misfire anywhere in the top or bottom portions of the heart, whether it be in the Atrial(s) (Pac,Atrial Tachycardia), the Ventricles (PVC, Ventricle Tachycardia), or, actually in between the atrial and the ventricle (Supraventrical Tachycardia).

In dealing with heart failure, and heart rhythm problems for well over 20 years, I have found out, in my own case, that the worse that my heart gets irritated the lower the mis-fire is in my heart. In other words, if my heart is mildly irritated because of something stupid I did, then my heart will start jumping around in the Atrial(s). If I continue to do things that I shouldn't do, then the misfiring will move down to my Ventricle(s). At that point, with increased nasty symptoms, I behave like a choir boy for the rest of the day, until I can away with bad behavior again!

⇒ Cheap effective asthma inhaler: Fluticasone Nasal Spray!

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily

Old 12-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User

What do you mean by "bad behavior"? The last SVT I got was while vaccumming the floor. I don't smoke, hadn't drank or done anything that I would constitute as being "bad". Maybe just burped off of a Sprite or something.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #11
    kyomagi
    (male)

kyomagi HB User

ok another opinion needed, sometimes have i have a normal beat going, then i get two quick beats and then back to normal, no pause and no indication that was a pvc, is that concidered a pvc or was that just a quicker beat?

I guess since i have not been having them lately when i do feel that flip flop it spooks me

Old 12-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
    kyomagi
    (male)

kyomagi HB User

Can someone address my original issue?

"But my question is, when i do have a pvc i can notice, i feel a paliptation and like a rush of blood to the legs type feeling. I wonder if i get this feeling because im not used to having them any more? Also, it feels sometimes that my legs are worn down when i walk around at a store or something. Im 27, weigh 225 lbs, dont smoke or drink."

i want to also mention, no other symptoms, just the flip flop, rush of blood and thats it.

Closed Thread