It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Chronic Pericarditis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
    rchar
    (female)

rchar HB User
    Chronic Pericarditis

I finally had an appointment with a cardiologist yesterday, after years of having pleuratic pain and a bout with pericarditis. My first time with this was when i was 19. I was initially DX with Costachondritis (Basically ribs out of place). Worse chest pain in my life!! Went away and never had a problem again until i was about 26 or 27. I again first thought it was the ribs so i would skip the doctor and just go to my chiropractor and take ibuprofin. This happened several times til i was about 33. This particular time i went to the chiro like usual but this time it didn't go away. After another day or two i decided to see my family Doctor. He DX pleurisy. From then on i've had it every 3 months like clockwork. My Dr. finally sent me to a Rheumatologist thinking Lupus or another autoimmune disorder. She is thinking Lupus but hasn't DX 100% yet. I started getting a little bit of the chest pain again and that's when i asked to see a cardiologist. He said i have Chronic Pericarditis and it's probably what i've had since day 1 when i was 19. Not Chostacondritis or Pleurisy. (Pleurisy sometimes goes with Pericarditis so i could have some of that with it.) He wants me to stay on meds Rheumatologist gave me which includes Plaquinil and Naproxen. He also scheduled me for a stress test as well to make sure i don't have any blockages. He said it's unlikely that a 35 year old female who doesn't smoke and little family history of heart problems to have a blockage, but he also said he had two 31 year olds last week with heart attacks. (They were smokers, but thats still young!) Better safe than sorry.

Has anyone else been DX with Chronic Pericarditis and if so what was your treatment, how are you doing and what was your cause if known. Any more trouble or complications??? Thanks!!

Charmin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread