It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Heart feels like it's taking long beats?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
    Akelly3
    (female)

Akelly3 HB User
    Heart feels like it's taking long beats?

I have been seeing my cardiologist since January of this year. We have done every test known to man, and STILL can't find the problem. Ever since January I've had fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heart rate, irratic heartbeat(I feel this, but the docs say it's not irratic), cold sweats, chest tightness, skipped beats, and just the feeling of my heart struggling to pump it seems. Last week I had an MRI of my chest done to rule our any abnormalities or congenital defects, and it came back normal. I always feel my heart beating, no matter if it's beating fast or "normal".Lately I have noticed that my heart takes long beats. It's strange and hard to explain. I also feel like a knot in the right side of my chest, especially if I'm bending down for a while. It kind feels like I've worked out hard and strained the muscle or something, however, it can't be from working out, cause I don't do that. The other day I was vacuuming and I looked down at my chest, and it looked and felt like I had a heartbeat on the right side. It was weird! I'm so frusturated that they can't figure out what's wrong. I just want to feel like my normal self again. I've never had any health issues before this year. Please, please tell me that someone here is going through the same thing I am!!

Last edited by Akelly3; 10-29-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Heart feels like it's taking long beats?....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akelly3 View Post
    Ever since January I've had fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heart rate, irratic heartbeat(I feel this, but the docs say it's not irratic), cold sweats, chest tightness, skipped beats, and just the feeling of my heart struggling to pump it seems. ... The only thing that changed October 2012 is that I started eating organic and healthy.
    Do you think that your change in diet might have something to do with your heart rate problems?

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 10-31-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
    Leegh
    (female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User
    Re: Heart feels like it's taking long beats?....

Have you been tested for anemia? In addition, if you drink any caffeinated beverages, coffee and/or tea, etc. you may want to stop until you figure out what is causing the symptoms you described. Not to sound personal, but if you are near or in menopause that could be part or all of the problem.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
    Akelly3
    (female)

Akelly3 HB User
    Re: Heart feels like it's taking long beats?

I was tested for anemia at the ER back in January. I've had lots of bloodworm done since then, so I'm sure they checked it again. I am 28 yrs old, so I doubt menopause is the problem. I don't drink caffeine.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
    Leegh
    (female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User

I don't know, but it could be a strained muscle or something. Several years ago while carrying heavy groceries I developed a pain in the middle of my chest that lasted quite a number of weeks. It eventually went away. Perhaps you could not lift anything at all that is even remotely heavy, and see if it gets better.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:13 AM   #6
    RainbowBridge
    (female)

RainbowBridge HB UserRainbowBridge HB User

I hate saying this (as it's been said to me when I was younger) but first, take a yoga class. Anxiety can build any symptoms higher-then they are. You learn to control your breathing and really build a relationship with your body. It's a way to control your breathing and really take notice of what's happening with your body.
    Second, ask your cardiologist to get your magnesium level's tested!!! Magnesium plays a key role in our heart and we only get magnesium through our foods or taking it in a supplement.
    Good luck-it's very scary but know you are not alone.

Closed Thread