It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• something weird about heart

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
    mistysparkle
    (female)

mistysparkle HB User
    Question something weird about heart

Hi.

I'm lately been noticing something odd about my heart...

I was in first or second grade and we had PE, we were doing running around football field (400m distance). As usually I was the last because everyone else just were f
    so much faster runners (I'm really slow and tire fast, ever since I remember myself)
    But then, all of a sudden, I got some weird urge to run faster. I don't know why even. It just happened on automatic and I simply took up speed like some kind of mutant and, what a wonder, I actually did impossible- I outran my whole class and even good distance ahead.
    Unfortunately my triumph was short lived because when I stopped I almost died. At least it felt that way.
    My heart was beating so fast it felt like it's gonna stop. I had black before my eyes and was dizzy and couldn't breathe.
    And I think I even had some chest pain too.

It passed, after 5-10 minutes of rest (because there were slower runners too and they needed to take a breath too). I never notified anyone (I was incredibly shy child and avoided to draw attention on myself at any cost) about my struggle.
    Afterwards I felt bit weak but put up with it and shrugged it off.

But ever since I was never able to run that fast nor do whole run without stopping for a bit.
    I always got breathless and last runner. Always felt like passing out at last meters of the distance.

Even years after, and growing up some, I dreaded running because I often get super exhausted and sometimes felt my heart doing odd beats. But my shyness made me silent sufferer so nobody knew.

But every now and then, even without any physical activity, my heart would do a minute or two of odd beating.

Now, when I'm home-sitter and generally a couch potato (without obesity) I have these episodes.

They come and go, makes me feel faint and it hurts just a tiny bit.

After internet research I've come to guess it might be arrhythmia or some random palpitations. So I'm now wondering what it might be and if I need to start worry...
    So, if anyone has a thought to add....

The following user gives a hug of support to mistysparkle:
    sjb (12-23-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
    sjb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
    Re: something weird about heart

Greetings! I don't think being a couch potato is good for a persons heart or any other part of the body since it slows circulation and therefore the body is less nourished. I suspect it would be better to walk daily to tolerance. They say use it or lose it. Of course everyone makes their own healthcare decisions and is responsible for their own health care. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 12-23-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: typo

Old 12-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
    nekogirl
    (female)

nekogirl HB User
    Re: something weird about heart

I would not ignore this. It sound like a congenital heart defect since you said you had the same issues as a child and never out grew it. But I'm not a cardiologist and that's what you need. You could be going in and out of AFib (it's a dysthymia of the heart) or you could be going in and out of SVT (another dysthymia) or just have PVC's or PJC's but no way to know until you get hooked up to a ECG first then do a stress echo test to evaluate the function of your heart. It could be a bicuspid aortic valve or Marfan's which can effect the ascending aorta. Again, I'm not a doctor and there are a number of things it could be, simple to complex. So, make an appt to see the cardiologist and order a stress echo test. It will tell you valuable things about the health of your heart.

Closed Thread

Tags
    arrhythmia, heart, mysterious symptoms, palpitations