It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Anybody else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
    bearluck
    (male)

bearluck HB User
    Question Anybody else?

Been dealing with anxiety off & on for 7 yrs of so, never been diagnosed officially however. Recently had to make a trip to the ER because I was experiencing heart flutters. Chest x-ray revealed I have a slightly enlarged heart.... ANXIETY through the roof now. Blood work was normal and no damage to my heart, but the palpitations remain, which has kept my anxiety / panic at peak! Unable to see a cardiologist at the moment which is stressful as well. Has anyone here been down this road before and if so what did your cardiologist say?

Last edited by bearluck; 01-10-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: Anybody else?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bearluck View Post
    ... Recently had to make a trip to the ER because I was experiencing heart flutters.
    Did you have any other symptoms, besides the heart flutters and anxiety? Chest pain? Labored or tight breathing? Mental fogginess or confusion? Over-sweating? Weakness or fatigue?

Quote:
    Chest x-ray revealed I have a slightly enlarged heart.... ANXIETY through the roof now.
    Sorry to hear about the diagnosis of enlarged heart. What part of your heart is enlarged, atria or ventricle? Left or right? How confident are you in your doctor's diagnosis? Could he be wrong in his diagnosis?

If you heart is enlarged, then the timing of the electric flow across the heart can be off and can cause erratic heartbeats.

I'm living with severely to massively enlarged left and right atria. I am doing quite well, living with it, but it does cause some anxiety, of course.

Quote:
    Has anyone here been down this road before and if so what did your cardiologist say?
    I've suffered from an enlarged, damaged heart since 1987. It is important for me to get an annual echocardiogram, in order to know whether my heart is getting better or worse. Fortunately, my echocardiograms keep showing improvements in the condition of my heart. Also... I continue to feel much better over time.

If you do, indeed, have an enlarged heart, I would think that you would be interested in getting an annual, or biannual, echocardiogram of your heart, by a competent cardiologist.

Treatment for an enlarged heart may include appropriate exercise; healthy diet; getting on effective medications; and avoiding stimulants and irritants which negatively impact one's heart.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 01-11-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, enlarged heart, palpatations, panic, stress