It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Fast heart rate for over a week

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
    Jenny1218
    (female)

Jenny1218 HB User
    Fast heart rate for over a week

Hi, I'm a 32 year old female and I'm hoping someone has some more ideas if what could be going in with me last week Thursday (feb 6th) I went to UC because I felt like I had bronchitis but without the cough... Just felt very tight. Once there they noticed my heart rate (HR) was 147 and took my to the hospital via ambulance. My ekgs were all normal, CT scan was normal and blood work was elevated in areas. They admitted me over night and started an iv. Next morning my HR was down to the 80s so they sent me home. The next evening my heart rate shot up again. We to the ER once again and hr was raising whenever I stood up. They admitted me and kept me until Monday. This time my potassium levels were low so they gave me a pill. They also did a echo during this stay which also came back normal. WBC when first admitted was 17, 10 when I was discharged. I then set up a two week follow up appt with my primary dr for two weeks. The fast heart beat came back the same day day I was released. I seem very winded and tired and just want to lay down all day I can feel my hr go up every time I hold a conversation on walk around. On Tuesday I got a new symptom, yellow loose stool. On Friday I went back to my general dr because I just felt so crappy and I couldn't wait until the 27th. My HR in the office when I got there was 141. Took a bata blocker and breathing treatment in the office and it lowered it to 98. Ran more blood work and my wbc is still a little high at 12.7.
    The drs have now put me on a bata blocker (starts with a M) makes me feel even worst
    Could a GI virus be causing all of this? Any idea what else this could be? Am I going to feel this crappy forever!
    Please help!
    Also, I have no appetite and have lost 6 lbs this week. I also have had no caffine since my first symptoms 8 days ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
    Dcmjw15
    (male)

Dcmjw15 HB User
    Re: Fast heart rate for over a week

Hi my name is Danny I'm 39 and 2 years ago I had something similar to this..I was losing weight like crazy,skin was turning grey and one night I sleeping all the sudden I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart rate @ at least 150-160,my wife rushed me to the hospital and found out I was having a heart attack... The hospital kept me 2 days and all my test came back negative. So I went home,that night had another heart attack and was rushed to different hospital and found out what was going on it was an electrical problem with my heart called "Wolff Parkinson's White" it caused my heart rate to get to 208 on my last attack. Had surgery and was home in 2 days. And it has been 2 years on Valentines day and no more symptoms.. Hope this will help you and god bless..

Old 02-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
    rebecca43
    (female)

rebecca43 HB Userrebecca43 HB Userrebecca43 HB User
    Re: Fast heart rate for over a week

You should see a cardiologist and an electrophysiologist {EP} to monitor the situation. You probably will need a blood thinner like warfarin to prevent clots from forming when the heart rate reverts to normal sinus rhythm. This can prevent stroke.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
    RainbowBridge
    (female)

RainbowBridge HB UserRainbowBridge HB User
    Smile Re: Fast heart rate for over a week

Also, ask about your Magnesium!!! This is highly connected with the heart-I suffered from a high-rate most of my life due to an infection I had when I was 7 years old. I now eat Almonds every day and juice beets with carrots and pears..and I'm symptom free. Magnesium has helped me in so many ways, as before I wasn't eating anything that had magnesium in it.
    Though you have other symptoms tied to this (anxiety and stress on the body can cause heck on our bodies) drink lots of water..2 glasses when you wake up and look into juicing!!!! No joke-it has been my savior this last year. I also lost 33 pounds and that alone did wonders on my health..but I have no idea your weight..just stay focus and listen to your doctors.

Good luck

Closed Thread

Tags
    diarrhea, fast heart rate, high white count