It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• SVT Episodes!!! Anyone Else ??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
    kinikki
    (female)

kinikki HB User
    SVT Episodes!!! Anyone Else ??

I am a 35 yr old woman and I have been having heart palpitations for years, it got worse in Dec and I got the 24 hr monitor as well as an echo, both looked good. The cardiologist could see the arrhythmia I was complaining of but said it was benign and just annoying, not dangerous. Monday I was getting ready to take my son to school and I suddenly became faint and felt like I couldn't catch my breath, my heart was racing and pounding... Later at the ER I had another episode, within seconds my heart was upto 156, a dr identified it as SVT and was able to stop the episode quickly with a vagus maneuver.. They admitted me for a day then discharged me with a beta blocker but because my pulse and BP are normally low (Pulse 50 BP is 90/50 resting) I am afraid to take it... I looked up my symptoms and it seems like an uncommon type of SVT, Sinoatrial node reentrant tachycardia (SANRT), based on the rapid onset.. Has anyone had similar episodes or been diagnosed with SNART? and how have they treated it? My cardiologist has referred me to and electro cardiologist and told me he believes an ablation may be warranted ... Has anyone had this and did it work? Thank you.
    PS.. I have had a low grade fever for about a week and feel weak and tired, PCP doing blood work (labs at hospital were mostly good, slightly low potassium 3.4) I also have SLE Lupus

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
    MollyW2013
    (female)

MollyW2013 HB User
    Re: SVT Episodes!!! Anyone Else ??

I know it's been two months since you posted, but how are you feeling now? Any change?

Closed Thread

Tags
    tachycardia