It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• sharp chest pain on the left side

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
    giraffewut
    (female)

giraffewut HB User
    Unhappy sharp chest pain on the left side

Hello. I am 18 years old and I have been experiencing chest pain since the age of 15. The pains that I have are not common to many people. These are sharp pains on the left side of my chest just below my chest area. I have trouble breathing. I can't breathe too deep or else the pain will grow. Usually they last for about a minute or so but sometimes they take hours to go away. I have been to the doctor twice and my test results came back negative all normal. It's very frustrating not knowing what it is. These pains don't come with a warning. They can happen while I'm sitting down, laying down. Or even sleeping. I wish someone could tell me the cause of these horrible pains.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: sharp chest pain on the left side

Hi, your symptoms sound like pericarditis, or an inflammation in the tissues surrounding the heart called the pericardum.I doubt it will show up on any test a doctor will give you so you could suggest this condition next time you see your physician. When I was your age I experienced the same thing but it happened every once in awhile so I did not get a medical evaluation. For you, if you experience these symptoms often then do not give up, see the doctor again because there is medication that can treat this condition, if this is what you have.......good luck to you

Closed Thread

Tags
    chest, left, pain, sharp, side