It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board

• Chest pain after treadmill

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #1
    sharadatanay
    (male)

sharadatanay HB User
    Chest pain after treadmill

2 days back, I pushed it really hard on the treadmill. I am resuming exercise after 2 years, my age is 27.

Towards the end of the run, I felt pain in the center of the chest. The location of the pain is exactly in the center of the chest.

I believed and hope it was some muscle getting stretched.

That night I had a heavy chest and felt breathless at some times during the night.

The next day I did not go to the gym, the pain is still there, it is not continous, I feel it during walking/climbing stairs.

All the web articles about EIA and anigna are frightening, got any opinion for my symptoms guys?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
    harry721
    (male)

harry721 HB User
    Re: Chest pain after treadmill

So happy to try to help, this site has been helpful to me and it is nice to try to give back.
    I think I am something like the world record holder for angina attacks, just because I am the kind that pushes HARD.
    For 10 years or more I was calling my angina attacks muscle spasms because they happened in conjunction with intense physical activity and they were not "typical". In men the doctors ask if you are having the pain on the left side or down your left arm. Mine felt like they were in the area between my shoulder blades and I thought the attacks were the product of my damaged neck, not my heart: so did my primary care provider. 10 years later the truth came out, I was so clogged up that the cardiologist who did the catheritization on me couldn't believe I was still working, (auto mechanic).

I went off on that rap to encourage you to be watchful for future symptoms. At 27 if you have coronary artery problems hopefully you can turn the situation around with meds. lifestyle, etc. If you have a tight relationship with an md do or pa you might be able to talk them out of some nitro tabs, have them with you always and if you have another episode take one or two as directed, if the symptoms go away like magic, you need more attention, please get it.

There are a lot of muscles in your sternal region, and of course, down there by your 6-packs, they could have just gone into spasm because you strained them, no big deal. straining them makes them stronger.

You do not want to ignore this if it keeps on happening, I had a 4x bypass and the hospital gave me MRSA, which I still have, bad stuff.

Now, in my 60 year old wisdom I wish I had taken more steps to improve my health outlook on my own, do everything you can to minimize your contact with these doctors and hospitals....You have been cautioned bud.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
    wellibee
    (male)

wellibee HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by harry721 View Post
    So happy to try to help, this site has been helpful to me and it is nice to try to give back.
    I think I am something like the world record holder for angina attacks, just because I am the kind that pushes HARD.
    For 10 years or more I was calling my angina attacks muscle spasms because they happened in conjunction with intense physical activity and they were not "typical". In men the doctors ask if you are having the pain on the left side or down your left arm. Mine felt like they were in the area between my shoulder blades and I thought the attacks were the product of my damaged neck, not my heart: so did my primary care provider. 10 years later the truth came out, I was so clogged up that the cardiologist who did the catheritization on me couldn't believe I was still working, (auto mechanic).

I went off on that rap to encourage you to be watchful for future symptoms. At 27 if you have coronary artery problems hopefully you can turn the situation around with meds. lifestyle, etc. If you have a tight relationship with an md do or pa you might be able to talk them out of some nitro tabs, have them with you always and if you have another episode take one or two as directed, if the symptoms go away like magic, you need more attention, please get it.

There are a lot of muscles in your sternal region, and of course, down there by your 6-packs, they could have just gone into spasm because you strained them, no big deal. straining them makes them stronger.

You do not want to ignore this if it keeps on happening, I had a 4x bypass and the hospital gave me MRSA, which I still have, bad stuff.

Now, in my 60 year old wisdom I wish I had taken more steps to improve my health outlook on my own, do everything you can to minimize your contact with these doctors and hospitals....You have been cautioned bud.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
    wellibee
    (male)

wellibee HB User

I can tell you from my experience that when I got my problem I would get chest pain after 8 minutes of cardio exercise almost like clock work. If I stopped or slowed down the pain would stop. If I increased my work load the pain would resume. At rest there was never any pain. If I never worked out I would never have noticed a problem. I had a 95% blockage to the LAD. Your problem does not sound like angina according to my experience.

Closed Thread

Tags
    chest pain, exercise, running