It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Hep C Hepatitis and sharing electric razor

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #1
    Telfast
    (male)

Telfast HB User
    Hepatitis and sharing electric razor

How realistic are the chances of getting hepatitis through an electric face shaver used by a person infected by hepatitis? I have an electric shaver which was used without my consent by an infected person. The person was obviously a near one and being a patient at terminal stage was not told off by me. I am holding on to that shaver for almost six months now. I understand that this virus is rather stubborn but I believe I have waited enough for the shaver to be safe to be used.

Learning lesson from this I was forced to think of possibilities of the electric shavers to be used by the sellers or their employees on the super stores selling these items. We all have seen outrageous videos of people doing unbelievable acts when alone and not being watched. Can't understand why electric shavers are not fully sealed in a pack just like a pack of razors.

Any thoughts on both of my questions/issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2015, 04:33 PM   #2
    sweetpotato13
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
    Re: Hepatitis and sharing electric razor

Personally speaking? I would just throw the razor away. I realize it was an expense, but who knows. If the chance of you getting hepatitis is even less than .1%, I'd rather you just chuck the razor and not even think about it.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #3
    Telfast
    (male)

Telfast HB User
    Re: Hepatitis and sharing electric razor

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sweetpotato13 View Post
    Personally speaking? I would just throw the razor away. I realize it was an expense, but who knows. If the chance of you getting hepatitis is even less than .1%, I'd rather you just chuck the razor and not even think about it.
    I think you are right in saying that.

Closed Thread