It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Hep C Daughter to Mother with Hep C

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-28-2016, 07:37 PM   #1
    momof2rugrats
    (female)

momof2rugrats HB Usermomof2rugrats HB User
    Daughter to Mother with Hep C

Hello all! I'm wondering what to expect with my mother. She's been an alcoholic since she was very young. She's 56. And, she's currently on hospice. It's too late for treatment. So they are just keeping her comfortable I guess? She refused to take care of all these issues & went against what Drs recommended. She's still in a lot of pain. So that's y I say I guess. She has extremely bad osteoporosis & congestive heart failure. Cirrhosis of the liver obviously. They put her on oxygen this week. She's wearing diapers. And she's hallucinating & not sure if it's all the 20+ different meds she's on or if it's the liver causing it or what? But, she thought my uncle was in her room & he passed away several years ago. And she talked about visiting needing to visit her mom. She passed away 2yrs ago 😔 6 months ago the dr said her liver was in bad bad shape. And toxins had built up I her system. Her liver isn't functioning enough to get rid of them. They put her on a med 6 months ago when she was in hospital. To help with This. Her husband said she doesn't have that med anymore?
    She kept falling asleep today in mid sentence like 5 different times in an hour. She's lost a lot of weight & the whites of her eyes look yellow. She looks awful. And she complains a lot about the area of her liver hurting & pancreas. And says on her left side it feels like something is drilling into her side & the pain goes to her back. And she has extremely bad fits. Her pain is so bad she screams yells cries & curses. And sometimes it won't be to bad. But other times it lasts along time & it's really really bad.
    Our relationship has been very strained. But, I'm going to be here for her & do the right thing. Her sister said she's coming to visit in February. But, I'm afraid she's not going to make it that long 😔 I sure hope she does. But, at the same time. The pain she is experiencing. I want her to have peace you know? It looks like complete misery 😔

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread