It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

Quick question about Labs and a Liver Biopsy

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
shaolinwhat
(male)

shaolinwhat HB User
Quick question about Labs and a Liver Biopsy

Hello, Iím a 41 year old male. Iím going in to get a Liver biopsy done tomorrow and I canít stop fearing the worst. I know that I need to lose weight and I have already started on that path, 5 weeks ago I was 260lbs and today Iím at 245lbs.

Iíve had an ultrasound and blood test work that shows that I have a fatty liver with no cirrhosis. My Actin (Smooth Muscle) antibodies weíre a weak positive of 20 (scale: Neg = 1-19, Weak Positive = 20-30, and Positive >30). Iíve also had an Ana+Tif Come back as Negative as well.

Iím really freaking out over the possibility of having autoimmune type 1. Am I overeacting to a weak Positive? I donít have any real visible symptoms of AIH.

Thanks a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Quick question about Labs and a Liver Biopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinwhat View Post
Hello, Iím a 41 year old male. Iím going in to get a Liver biopsy done tomorrow and I canít stop fearing the worst. I know that I need to lose weight and I have already started on that path, 5 weeks ago I was 260lbs and today Iím at 245lbs.

Iíve had an ultrasound and blood test work that shows that I have a fatty liver with no cirrhosis. My Actin (Smooth Muscle) antibodies weíre a weak positive of 20 (scale: Neg = 1-19, Weak Positive = 20-30, and Positive >30). Iíve also had an Ana+Tif Come back as Negative as well.

Iím really freaking out over the possibility of having autoimmune type 1. Am I overeacting to a weak Positive? I donít have any real visible symptoms of AIH.

Thanks a lot.
I am wondering why a liver biopsy was recommended for you. Were your liver enzymes elevated? I would not be overly concerned about the antibody result unless you've had higher levels in past or have known autoimmune disease of another type. A fatty liver is common for overweight people and should improve with weight loss. Good job on your progress so far!

Reply Reply