It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Very worried for my boyfriend. Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-11-2003, 07:16 PM   #1
    kittygoesrawr

kittygoesrawr HB User
    Very worried for my boyfriend. Help!

A couple weeks ago he started feeling really bad. He had an upset stomach (but no vomiting) and just felt weak and tired. I thought he was coming down with something, so I gave him some advil and told him to take a nap. He woke up 4 hours later and felt fine! Well..the day after that, it got worse. Stomach didn't hurt, but he started to get headaches. Now he's been experiencing lightheadedness and dizziness on top of the headaches. He went to the doctor yesterday (he doesn't have insurance :-(!!), and they told him that what he has doesnt look like a cold at all..so they drew some blood. Two vials full. Is this normal?? They took some blood from each arm. They also gave him some things to take home so he can take stool samples. They sent the blood off to a lab to test it for anemia, thyroid stuff, diabetes, and mono. He isn't running a fever and the doctor says he doesn't have an infection. Well--today they called and told him that he everything was fine except that his liver enzymes are "abnormal" and that he needs to come back in to have another blood sample taken so that the lab can check soley for Hepatitis A, B, and C. His doctor said "From the symptoms you've described, and from what the lab told me about your liver, to me it sounds like you do have Hep-A." He is only 22..has never done drugs in his life, has never drank alcohol, he has one tattoo that he got in 2000, he has come in no contact with needles or anyone else's blood..so doesn't this rule out Hep-C??

I'm just so scared. Ugh. I had skin cancer about 3 years ago..and every time something gets wrong with me or anyone I love, I automatically think "oh my god, it's cancer!!" -- If this were cancer, wouldn't his symptoms be a little more harsh??

I'll keep you guys posted when we get the results in from the second blood sample. I just need some advice..or experiences..or something! Ughhh, I'm about to pull my hair out. The boy doesn't know how much I worry, I swear.

Thanks in advance.

-April

edit: PS--I also forgot to mention that he has been achey and stuff as well. :[ :[

Last edited by kittygoesrawr; 11-11-2003 at 07:42 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to kittygoesrawr:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to kittygoesrawr For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2003, 01:36 PM   #2
    kittygoesrawr

kittygoesrawr HB User
    someone, please!!! :[ :[ i am so scared!!

The following user gives a hug of support to kittygoesrawr:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to kittygoesrawr For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 11-13-2003, 09:51 PM   #3
    Wes1212
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Wes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB User
    there isn't a whole lot i can think of to say besides at least he is seeking help. i hope they find out what has been causing his symptoms. please try not to worry too much because that usually does very little good to help most situations. has he been around any chemicals lately that may have an ill effect on his health?

Last edited by Wes1212; 11-13-2003 at 09:53 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Wes1212:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Wes1212 For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 11-15-2003, 06:35 AM   #4
    thanbey
    Inactive
    (female)

thanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB User
    Since your boyfriend is being seen by a doctor, there isn't much for me to offer.

If he drinks alcohol, particulalry to excess, takes a lot of tylenol, or takes them together, he could cause liver damage.

I don't know what to say other than the doctor is looking at the right things.

Try to calm yourself and take things one step at a time.

Come back with the test results and let us know what happens.

thanbey

The Following User Says Thank You to thanbey For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Closed Thread