It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• my room mate has hep c........

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2004, 08:04 PM   #1
    Ms Harriet
    Inactive
    (female)

Ms Harriet HB User
    my room mate has hep c........

how is it spread and are there any ways i can get it from her?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2004, 02:33 AM   #2
    ralve
    Inactive

ralve HB User
    Re: my room mate has hep c........

Thanbey~~
    Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for all the informative posts you put on here. I come in here every so often, when I can get my hands on the computer in the house, and you always make me feel better about things. I still worry about that positive PCR test that I had now probably over two years ago, I don't know if you remember, but you helped me alot with the questions I had, you and Sean. I have since come up negative on repeat tests, including the Heptimax, so my GI assumes it's a fatty liver that is my problem. My liver enzymes were normal last time we checked, though. But, he did say that even fatty liver can have serious consequences, so I'm trying to loose weight and do the right things for that. Anyway, my point is, sometimes I still think about that one positive PCR and it seems so unlikely that it would be a bad batch or something like that, and how unlucky would that be? I probably should get tested again, just for peace of mind, but as you can probably understand, I don't feel much like going for more blood tests, as I don't trust them much. Since the one positive, I have had a negative Qual and Quan from another lab, and like I said, also the negative Heptimax. I guess it's all about opinions, though. My GI, who I had gone to for this, has left the area, and so I went to another doctor in his group, and he was kind of talking about stuff that didn't make any sense, and kind of walked out of the room stuttering something about how that first PCR that I had must have reacted to something, like I know what that is supposed to mean. I find out more on these boards than from my doctors. So, anyway, making my point again, thanks for your help on here, you are much more helpful than most doctors we see! Thanks, Val

Old 09-11-2004, 08:56 AM   #3
    thanbey
    Inactive
    (female)

thanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by valger
    Thanbey~~
    Anyway, my point is, sometimes I still think about that one positive PCR and it seems so unlikely that it would be a bad batch or something like that, and how unlucky would that be?

It is not unlikely at all. It happens in labs all the time.

Try to put this behind you. You are negative.

Thanks for the positive feedback. It means a lot to me to hear that from you.

take care,

thanbey

Old 09-11-2004, 12:39 PM   #4
    ralve
    Inactive

ralve HB User

Hi Thanbey~~
    Thank you again for the comforting words. I just really do want you to know how you really helped me, it was such a scary time for me, there were so many things going on at once, with my Dad getting sick at the same time. I think I would have gone crazy, and more importantly, driven my family crazy, had it not been for you and Sean and this board. I really have been meaning to go on to your site, and make sure I make a donation, to show my appreciation and thanks, and I will do that. I'm only sorry it took me this long, I tend to put things off that I shouldn't.
    I do try and put it behind me, although I certainly still have a liver issue that I shouldn't ignore by any means, and again, I've been putting off doing anything about it. But, I guess sometimes it's just that the first test that I had, makes me nervous to think about why that would have happened. I guess I should feel ok that I had those negatives, and them being from different labs.
    Anyway, my point really was to thank you, I do come on here often, just to read up on things, and don't post, and I am always reading how you are helping so many others, and I know you take your time to do this, and I hope you know the difference it makes!! Thanks again, Val

Closed Thread