It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

how fulminant viral hepatitis is contracted

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
Mmelissa
(female)

Mmelissa HB User
how fulminant viral hepatitis is contracted

My daughter passed away march 15 of this year at the age of 19. She died from complications resulting from Fulminant Viral Hepatitis. I know that it is a form that attacks suddenly and unexpectedly and is very short term. It can take hours, days and occasionally weeks and the mortality rate is 80% - 90%. It is a form of hepatitis h I believe. What I don't understand is how she would have gotten it. She had all of her hepatitis shots and was perfectly healthy. She had had a child only 9 months earlier and because of the abusive relationship she was in she never went anywhere and was not around people. And she was not a drug user. I am having a difficult time in understanding how the hospital didn't pick up on the fact that she was getting sicker and sicker. On the night she died, they gave her morphine but had no idea and flew her to another hospital. Yet, she had been in the hospital emergency room 4 days prior to that with pain in her legs and exactly a week before that because she was getting blisters or abscesses. She had one on her face and one on her side and was getting one in her eye. They said she was getting a sty in her eye and gave her an antibiotic. They had also given her tylenol 3 4 days before she died. And that could have been what exasperated the fulminant viral hepatitis. Once she got that there was no saving her, But I don't understand how they didn't find something more than a sty and how she would have come across a deadly disease like this. Any ideas because coping with her death is killing me with no understanding of this whole thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread