It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Living with a person with Hep B (Carrier)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
    Dennis111
    (male)

Dennis111 HB User
    Question Living with a person with Hep B (Carrier)

Hi, I am at the moment going through some tough times and I wonder if anyone out there that can give me some good advice (from their experience or know someone who is going through the same thing).

My situation is that my eldest brother will be having a major operation this coming Monday to remove a section of his liver that has cancer. He has been diagnosed as a Hep B carrier. To complicate things, I have been having a long distant relationship with a girl that also is a Hep B carrier, she told me her condition before we started our intimate relationship(of one week, and I have to confested on sevral occasions we didn't use the condom, I know I am foolish and since then I have been using them). Before I slept with her I have seen my doctor and had blood test and the test came back to say that I need my booster shots which I started straightaway. I still have my last shot to go in a few weeks time.

My family has gone through alot and they care about me and they think I should not see her. I don't really know alot about this virus and I have been surfing and getting more information. I just want to know if anyone out their who is in the same situation as me. I don't know what to do and I don't know how it will effect me if I stayed with her. We both wants to have a family and very much in-love and I don't want to break up with her due to medical condition which no body wants to have. I am torn and feeling depressed right now. I know I have to focus my energy and support my brother for Monday's operation.

Please let me know if you have any sound advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
    pinksoda300
    (female)

pinksoda300 HB User
    Re: Living with a person with Hep B (Carrier)

hi there...i know u have posted ur problem few months ago..i was just wondering what you have now? i mean, did u finish ur third doze?how was your brother? how is gf? u see, im in the same situation also..well actually this little different but let me share this to u anyway..i met this guy and after 3 months, had started making love with him. during those three months, we had only heavy petting and some oral sex and not until we had our first intercourse did he informed me that he had a hepa b. i really felt bad the moment i learned it.its like he betrayed me and used me. that is why during those period of three months he always told me that "he would take good care of me" and i had a hard time thinking why. now i see hes reasons,he said he wants to be with me thats why he did it(hiding it with me)
    now after i learned he was hepa b positive, i immidiately accepted the fact that i was already infected since id been intimate with him for months already. but then after a few weeks i did try for HBsAg screening and i was found negative but then continue to have sexual contact with him..after two months i made another test for that and im still non reactive. it was then i visit the doctor and told me to have the Anti-Hbs and i was found reactive over 10.0 IU/L.
    i was advised then to have vaccination. got my first doze last October 6. we are now in safe sex. dont know if im doing the right thing.im still with my mad and decided to be with him.

was wondering how protected i am being reactive to Anti-hbs and had the my first doze of vaccine.
    and to anybody who have more idea to this, you think a little petting wont harm?

Closed Thread