It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• hep c question need support

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
    bethy79
    (female)

bethy79 HB User
    hep c question need support

was anybody tired and spaced out feeling before starting hep c treatment just trying to find out if its the virus

Last edited by bethy79; 08-04-2007 at 03:17 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to bethy79:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to bethy79 For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
    liz49
    Inactive
    (female)

liz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB User
    Re: hep c question need support

Bethy-
    I read your other post about peg intron/rebetrol--are you referring to pegasys and ribavirin for Hepc treatment?? I amkind of having a hard time understanding your questions, because I don't understand what meds your hubby is on.
    If it is in fact the drugs I mentioned there are soooo mnay side effects then all of the ones you mentioned are possible. Achiness, pain, pressure, a flulike sensation, all these are common side effects, But so talk to your doc, OK?
    Liz

The Following User Says Thank You to liz49 For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-05-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
    kimba42
    (female)

kimba42 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bethy79 View Post
    was anybody tired and spaced out feeling before starting hep c treatment just trying to find out if its the virus
    when i was first diagnosed with hep c i was extremely lethargic, i was sleeping about 18 houjrs a day,on pegysus (the interfuron) treatment that i was on i had many side effects, flu symptoms,extremely bad migraines, depression. However if he has the right genotype of hep c interfuron can work wonders. the months of treatment and side effects are nothing compared to having a viral load of 9. good luck to yu=ou both.

kim

The following user gives a hug of support to kimba42:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to kimba42 For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-05-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
    mcarr36
    (female)

mcarr36 HB User

Yes, being tired is a symptom of the virus. The hep-c virus has very little symptoms and that is why a lot of people have it and don't know about it. The treatment has lots of side effects and everyone reacts differently. When the treatment is over, you will feel a lot better! I think you will feel a lot better than before you started it! That gives you something to look forward to. Take it easy, Mcarr

The following user gives a hug of support to mcarr36:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
    liz49
    Inactive
    (female)

Um--I think it's Bethy's husband who's undergoing tx.
    My hubby is on a jobsite out of state and he called last night and told me he is having brutal h/as--not migraines, which he does have, but just bad headaches and would I look up the side effects of the Interferon--but I told him I already had read the monograph over & over and yes, that was one of the side effects. He tries so hard to hide from me how he feels, but I know he's struggling. (Week 4!!) He can't sleep (but he's exhausted) he's also hyper (because he's so anxious) plus he's trying so hard to prove to everyone what a man he is. I wish he'd just calm down and let it GO. It's either going to work or not.....we believe it will and him being a hyper nut case doesn't help. I packed pain pills for him and he said "I won't need those"--so I said, "Oh just in case" and he is sooooo glad. After we hit week 12 and see how his viral load is, I think he can calm down. He's worried senseless about getting addicted to sleeping pills/pain pills and the doc said "So what? Then we'll get you un-addicted. You HAVE to sleep and if you are in pain, the treatment won't be as effective--you've got to be at the top of your game" (I think he made that up, actually).
    My husband is spacey normally--on INterferon, he's much, much worse---I hate the thought of him wandering airports and driving in strange cities.....seriously, he's that disoriented some days. (Only on Saturdays, actually--Thank goodness!!)
    Carry on!!!
    Liz

luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #6
    eyesworld
    Veteran
    (female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bethy79 View Post
    I had absolutely no symptoms until I started TX-and even then it took about 3 months to begin to feel like s^#t. Now, more than a month after finishing, I'm still tired but getting my old self back.

The following user gives a hug of support to eyesworld:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to eyesworld For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-17-2007, 06:14 AM   #7
    flossiemae
    (female)

flossiemae HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by liz49 View Post
    Bethy-
    I read your other post about peg intron/rebetrol--are you referring to pegasys and ribavirin for Hepc treatment?? I amkind of having a hard time understanding your questions, because I don't understand what meds your hubby is on.
    If it is in fact the drugs I mentioned there are soooo mnay side effects then all of the ones you mentioned are possible. Achiness, pain, pressure, a flulike sensation, all these are common side effects, But so talk to your doc, OK?
    Liz
    hi, thought I might could shed a little light on treatment for hep c. pegentron anti inferon alfa 2 b is one mena drug it has not only physical pain but it also has physicological side effects, I would go into a rage mad and really didn't know why. Even now I do not cope well with stress and problems and lord knows right now my plate is over flowing. Just know that it takes alot out of you, and you can have some serious depression problems. I don't really know alot about pegas, they do say it's no where near as bad. Good luck

The following user gives a hug of support to flossiemae:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to flossiemae For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
    liz49
    Inactive
    (female)

Flossie-
    What are you taking? What genotype are you? My hubby is genotype 1a and he is on Interferon with the Ribivirin pills. He feels lousy, all the time. Today was shot #6.....although they did do a PCR test and his viral load had dropped from 1 million to about 68,000---an amazing amount. And yes, it IS one mean drug---my hubby has every single side effect. I'm just waiting for his hair to fall out. Then he really will be depressed.
    Hope you are not having too bad a time.....I keep telling my hubby I would go through this for him, if I could...and he says "and I would let you!"
    Best wishes for you-
    Liz

luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
    karen328
    Inactive
    (female)

karen328 HB Userkaren328 HB User

Wow, Liz...he's already dropped from 1M to 68,000 after 6 shots??!! That is way encouraging! Especially since they say type I is always the hardest to get rid of.

I signed consent on Wednesday (felt like I was signing for a mortgage! for clinical trial by Valeant Pharm. Title is: Comparison of weight-based doses of Taribavirin combined with peginterferon alfa-2b vs. Ribavirin combined with peginterferon alfa-2b in therapy-naive patients with chronic HCV Genotype 1 infection. (whew, that's a mouthful!!)

I have a pretty good chance of getting the study med. along with interferon because there are 4 "arms" of the study, 3 of them get Taribavirin (in various weight doses) and the 4th group gets interferon with plain ribavarin. I had "12", yes, 12 tubes of blood drawn, ekg, chest xray, etc. and I'll know in a couple of weeks whether I'll qualify. It's a 72-week study but treatment only for 48 weeks and then followup. If, after 12 weeks, you're not responding, they stop.

Made my hubby read the 14-page consent, particularly the sides, so if I go "psycho" he'll have sufficient warning. LOL However, being the typical man, he focused on the payment section for the study. He says, "hmm, I didnt know you could get paid for this..."; he's such a goof

Anyway, I'm excited (sort of) and plunging ahead with a positive attitude. Sorry this is so long. Oh, and the hair thing: most people I've been chatting with only had hair thinning, not loss, and some didn't even have that much!

Later...Karen

The Following User Says Thank You to karen328 For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-18-2007, 11:15 PM   #10
    liz49
    Inactive
    (female)

Karen,
    You have such a good attitude I am sure you will do fine. Really--you wrote in another post about my hubby's refusal to take AD's....the drs really pushed them as depression is such a common side effect (and mine was already quite depressed when he began the treatment as he had had a liver transplant and only had 4 months of "good" health before the Hcv came raging back. So after nearly a year of waiting for the transplant (he had cancer) the surgery, the recovery, just beginiing to feel human, we get the news that he has to start Interferon. Financially we're hammered, emotionally too--but he is just being a caveman and holding all his feelings inside. He wasn't even upbeat about the drop in the viral load, said it mean "absolutely nothing"--but I don't see how that can be! I see a definite change in his attitude, he's more depressed and expresses it in anger (towards me) which is patently unacceptable..so I've been sleeping in the spare room and letting him know when he's unbearable this is the way it will be.
    I hope you have agood response with your treatment--I really do. Attitude is so important and it sounds liek your hubby is right there with you. I wish mine wouldn't shut me out and make me the "bad guy" somehow--(I know it's the depression) but honestly, we have been thru thre wringer and back over the last two years----ah, now I'm just whining---sorry. Just that hubby said tonight he will probably be going 72 weeks, not 48, and thought I ought to know. I don't know why he thinks this..the docs haven't said anything, just something he read on the 'net probably.
    Well--all the best to you--and DO take the AD's if your HUBBY thinks you're grumpy--often it's others who notice depression first (ah, but you know that!)

Liz

luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Old 08-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #11
    karen328
    Inactive
    (female)

karen328 HB Userkaren328 HB User

hey Liz,
    Yes, you all have been thru the wringer. Having a transplant and then getting HCV and having to have treatment is absolutely unfair and I'm sure your hubby is quite skeptical at this point. (and I'm sure I would be too) At least we can share our thoughts on the site; that helps some. I've been to a couple of chat rooms that are good; I have to smile because, until last week, I had never been in a chat room before They use abbreviations that I didn't understand...I felt OLD
    Keep on postin', I enjoy our conversations! Have a good week!
    Karen
    P.s. I'll be in a conference in Orlando next week so probably won't be posting for awhile

Old 08-19-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
    liz49
    Inactive
    (female)

Thanks KAren-
    Yes I have found that having someone to "vent" to has been beneficial, since the situation is so wierd and nobody wants to talk about it (the elephant in the room, as it were)
    Have a good time in Orlando--although that doesn't sound too promising this time of year!!
    Liz

Closed Thread