It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Brain fog

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
    gina1064
    (female)

gina1064 HB User
    Brain fog

I'm in my third week of using the BHT and coconut oil; as the research suggests, that persistant infection is literally gone. My energy is coming back so I'm trying to assist my body through diet as well, i.e., getting into a more alkaline condition. I'm working out steady and not lying in bed till noon either.

Last edited by gina1064; 01-23-2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: most of that was a repeat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
    eyesworld
    Veteran
    (female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User
    Re: Brain fog

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gina1064 View Post
    I discovered I had hep c a couple years ago from a double blood transfusion. Last summer I wound up in the hospital due to complications from a sulfite drug used to treat a kidney infection. After a serious of tests while at Emergency, Cirrhosis was ruled out. My question is (because I do have plenty of symptoms) what on earth is this doing to me then? I feel intense brain fog and mental confusion (mostly like I see things around me as in a daze...Though I discussed this with my doctor the brain fog has become much worse. I couldn't do the lab tests due to the cost so I changed my diet ect.. which helped tramendously and am currently (as in first week) taking BHT. I guess my question would be, can brain fog be do to something else I've overlooked in regard to hep?..because from what I understand, according to some material I've read, thats a symptom of late stage cirrhosis? Anyone else feel like crap? Oh, I guess the fatigue is as bad as the fog. I'd appreciate any suggestions, experience you've had and just feedback.
    I read about BHT and it sounded risky to me. What I read says that it could cause disorientation.
    Have you considered contacting some of the drug companies who make interferon and ribavirin to see if they'll give you the TX? (through your doc, of course) I have heard that this happens. I did not feel like crap until 3 months into TX. I had no symptoms at all. BTW I am now 6 months post TX and virus undetectable.
    Do you know what genotype you are?

Last edited by eyesworld; 01-11-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: more info

Old 01-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
    mano2008
    Inactive
    (male)

mano2008 HB User

I had serious brainfog with only stage 2 grade 2 liver disease prior to tx., whcih is far from cirrosis....I had it so bad that a few times I had trouble writing even....my LFT's were really out of whack. i also had a bunch of other strange symptoms come on all at once...tingling in the top of my head, rashes, numb tingling toes, heavy breathing, and more. I had every test under the sun done and it was determined to be from my hep c...i did have a very high viral load too....about 5 million, and a lot of stress at the time.
    I think stress and hep c don't mix well at all and it triggered all this stuff.

Have you had a liver biopsy yet? You shuold find a good GI dr. who specializes in treating hep c....sounds like it might be time for you to do it.

mano

Old 01-19-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
    gina1064
    (female)

gina1064 HB User

Thanks, I just checked back...wasn't aware I had a reply. I just started the BHT on the 7th of this month. So far, I was aware of the herpes in my groin but it was under control until a family member dumped on me emotionally. Wow, unbelievable what stress can do huh?!! I had the symptoms but never broke out- first time ever. Then, I've had a bacterial infection I was so sick of and treated for twice with some strong stuff-only to come back. Trust me, it was nasty. It's fanishing for the first time in a year. I don't no what to say except thats what both BHT & coconut oil both do.

The interferon and that is supose to be pretty narley but it's suggested it be taken pretty much after you become infected. I've had it for over 25 yrs and no, I don't know what genetype I have.

Normally I go through a cycle of my breast hurting and period coming on...not happening. When I did the master cleanse over a year ago, (lemons, maple syurp & water then cut out carbs and that-well, most of this stuff went away. I'm ashamed to say I've let it slip and here I am...with the same symptoms coming back. I think I start focusing on the symptoms and wait until I literally pop! Is it easy for you guys to stay on track? Again, thanks for the response and keep the input going.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-20-2008 at 07:25 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 01-20-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
    gina1064
    (female)

gina1064 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mano2008 View Post
    I had serious brainfog with only stage 2 grade 2 liver disease prior to tx., whcih is far from cirrosis....I had it so bad that a few times I had trouble writing even....my LFT's were really out of whack. i also had a bunch of other strange symptoms come on all at once...tingling in the top of my head, rashes, numb tingling toes, heavy breathing, and more. I had every test under the sun done and it was determined to be from my hep c...i did have a very high viral load too....about 5 million, and a lot of stress at the time.
    I think stress and hep c don't mix well at all and it triggered all this stuff.

Have you had a liver biopsy yet? You shuold find a good GI dr. who specializes in treating hep c....sounds like it might be time for you to do it.

mano
    You know...this is similar to me too and my liver was only slightly elevated with no cirrhosis. That brain fogs a trip isn't it?!!Your right, the stress brings whats lurking around right to the surface. I never had a liver biopsy but was hospitalized a couple summers ago for a bad reaction to a sulfite drug-used for a kidney infection. They checked my liver then with the sonogram as well as a ct scan ect..as they were basically trouble shooting. They thought I had Lepto. I'm sure a liver biopsy is much better. I landed nearly in isolation due to my white blood count being so low. Anyway, I don't have insurance so now I'm doing the trouble shooting-ha

Old 01-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
    DingoJellybean
    (male)

DingoJellybean HB User

I'd be careful with BHT, you're better off taking vitamin e since BHT is a synthetic fat soluable anti-oxidant but has been suspected to cause cancer. Plus it's much cheaper to produce than vitamin e, which is why it is used in so many foods.

I have brain fog too with chronic HBV. This started 2 years ago. It gets better if I lay off the carbs though. Like, keeping it under 100g a day. But additionally you need to seriously reconsider your diet.

MSG is present in all foods, in different names and guises. Laying off the MSG hasn't really helped too much for me, but it's probably a gradual thing that takes time.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-22-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Please do not post websites except as described in the posting policy section titled "How to share information".

Old 01-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
    gina1064
    (female)

gina1064 HB User

Hi there. Actually I believe it prevents cancer. These viruses are lipid enveloped...and the BHT as well as the coconut oil disrupts their viral membrane. Folks in the 60's did experiments on themselves and it was found to have rid them of herpes. Vets contracted hep c in Nam, and a fellow got rid of it in the same way. The thing is, it's been found to be very effective in getting rid of common infections which explains why the one I had is pretty much gone...this after nothing worked. I think the hep c left me so vulnerable to attack...my immune system compromised I just couldn't seem to fight this off. I'm making some changes in my diet again...like the elimination of carbs dairy and protein that's been so difficult for me to digest. I know I have to work on this end to assist my body too. Thanks-

Closed Thread