It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Hep C VIRAL LOAD OVER 10 MILLION?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
    Trying2B
    (male)

Trying2B HB UserTrying2B HB User
    Question Hep C VIRAL LOAD OVER 10 MILLION?

HAS ANYBODY HAVE A VIRAL LOAD OVER 10 MILLION, GENOTYPE 1a. WHEN DO YOU START FEELING SICK FROM IT. WHAT IS THE COST FOR THE Tx, I HAVE NO INSURANCE. ALSO, I KNOW DRINKING IS BAD, BUT WHAT IS WORSE? I HAVE TO TAKE 60mg OF OC's EVERY MORNING FOR MY PAIN AND USUALLY HAVE A GLASS OF WINE WITH DINNER. I AM ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS AND XANAX EVERY DAY FOR MY ANXIETY. I HAD A LIVER BIOPSY AND ULTRASOUND DONE 2 yrs AGO AND THERE WAS NO SCARING OR CIRRHOSIS SO THAT WAS GOOD. WHAT SHOULD I GIVE UP, ARE THE OPIATES WORSE THEN THE DRINKING? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!

Last edited by Trying2B; 02-03-2008 at 07:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
    eyesworld
    Veteran
    (female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User
    Re: looking for mano2008, hep c viral load

In my opinion, the drinking is worse.
    Do you have a teaching university or clinic where you live? There are drug companies that provide the TX to those who cannot afford it.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:51 AM   #3
    Trying2B
    (male)

Thanks Eyesworld, Do You Know About The Viral Load?

Old 02-05-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
    owen p
    (male)

owen p HB Userowen p HB User

Last year at this time my viral load was over 20 million. I never felt bad from it that I know of(though thinking back ????). I also think that viral load can vary alot and yours would probably be higher or lower if you were retested. I just this week finished 48 weeks of treatment( I did feel not so great through much of that) and have been undetectable for at least the last 34. I know that many people get their treatment free from drug company programs. You can probably find out something on the web. If you have no liver damage treatment now might not be the best option. But, Hep C is a progressive virus for most. Take care of your liver. All those things making you feel better are certainly affecting your liver negatively, but how much so? Is it worth it?
    Only you can decide. Get as much information as you can. Good Luck!
    Owen

Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
    Trying2B
    (male)

THANKS OWEN, WERE YOU ABLE TO WORK WHILE ON Tx?? I FOUND OUT I HAD THE HEP C TWO YEARS AGO WHEN I GOT MY FIRST PHYSICAL AT AGE 50. THE DR TOLD ME NO DRINKING AND MY LOAD WAS 2.5 MIL, SO IT IS INCREASING ABOUT 2.5 MIL A YEAR. I GET TESTED EVERY 6 MONTHS. I AM NOT DRINKING FOR 6 MONTHS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INPUT, YOU CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH. GOOD LUCK,
    JOE

Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
    owen p
    (male)

owen p HB Userowen p HB User
    Re: Hep C VIRAL LOAD OVER 10 MILLION?

I was able to work throughout treatment. I missed only a few days, and my work is very physical(I'm a trim carpenter). I did go home a couple of hours early anytime I could. I actually think working helped my treatment in that it kept me moving, and gave problems to deal with and think about other than my own. It sounds like we are the same age. I found out through a routine physical at age 51 about 15 months ago, had stage 3 fibrosis(stage 4 is cirrosis) so I decided to treat right away. I think I'm glad I did. Time will tell. I will say that I was in generally good health otherwise before tx which probably helped too. Owen

Last edited by owen p; 02-06-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:55 AM   #7
    Trying2B
    (male)

Re: Hep C VIRAL LOAD OVER 10 MILLION?

HEY OWEN, I JUST TURNED 52 IN DEC. I AM A CABINET MAKER AND HAVE A REMODELING BUS. I WORK FOR MYSELF AND MY LIVER DR IS A CLIENT OF MINE. I WAS GOING TO TRY THE HERBEL TEAS AND SUPPLIMENTS FIRST BEFORE THE Tx, BUT YOU MADE A GOOD POINT ABOUT DOING THE Tx WHILE MY LIVER IS IN GOOD SHAPE. MY FATHER WAS A ALCHOLIC AND WHEN HE DIED THEY DONATED HIS LIVER BECAUSE IT WAS IN SUCH GOOD SHAPE. I THINK I HAVE GOOD GENETIC MAKE-UP. WHEN ON THE Tx DO YOU NEED SOMEONE STAYING WITH YOU? THANKS OWEN,
    JOE

Closed Thread