It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Hep C and a positive ANA test

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2003, 08:58 AM   #1
    hepperterry

hepperterry HB Userhepperterry HB Userhepperterry HB Userhepperterry HB User
    Question Hep C and a positive ANA test

Hey everyone! After reading Alice's posting it made me curious. Before I was diagnosed with Hep C I had a lot of neck, left wrist and left ankle and overall joint pain. In fact at times even now I catch my left thumb "retracting" under my palm. As a former lab tech I was curious at the time if I had arthritis so I did an RA titer. Sure enough it came up positive. Only thing is the RA titer will sometimes be positive and at other times will be negative. Is the Hep C doing this? The doctor at the time even ran an ANA titer to check and see if I had an autoimmune disease like Lupus. Sure enough it came back positive for like Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. Is there a link between this and the Hep C? The doctors now dont seem overly concerned about it but I havent really talked to them about it either. I take Aleve now for the shoulder pain I get and the doctors seem to think that is fine. Its the only medicine that seems to really help ease the pain even though it may take a day or two. Just wondering if there is a connection between the Hep C and any autoimmune diseases like MCTD. Thanbey I would love to hear what you know. Thanks everyone.

Terry

The following user gives a hug of support to hepperterry:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to hepperterry For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2003, 02:31 PM   #2
    Wes1212
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Wes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB User
    i don't think anybody knows.... my rheumatoid factor has gone up to 288 but the ana is normal. the rf didn't go up until after treatment. the doctor i saw last was hinting around about of connective tissue disease and ordered more labs to be done in a month.

The following user gives a hug of support to Wes1212:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    The Following User Says Thank You to Wes1212 For This Useful Post:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Closed Thread