It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Diagnosed with Hepatitis B;whats next?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #1
    prabhu123
    (male)

prabhu123 HB User
    Diagnosed with Hepatitis B;whats next?

Hi Friends,

Last month i undergone lithotripsy to remove the stone. During that operation they took the routine blood/urine tests. I came out of the hospital after the operation happily but after 1 month i had to go to see the urologist again because i got pain again in the same place(left lowed abdomn).That time only my doctor told that i have hepatitis b and it has been confirmed during the blood test. and i will get continuous infection so u need to be in anto biotic.And also he told they took all precautions during the operation for taking care of the hepatitis b infections.

I was hell shocked after hearing that. The doctor then suggested me to check for my wife and kids , we rushed to hospital and checked for my wife and kids , by gods grace they are negative and i went again to see the same doctor with the reports.

When asked about the treatment for it he directed me to a experienced physician in tat hospital.The physician asked me take the below tests

Anti HCV- Non reactive
    Anti Hbc total - Postive
    Anti HBE - Positive
    HebAg-Negative
    HbsAg-Reactive

i met him with the reports , he told that i am infected long back, but i am a career and no need to worry. i can pass the virus to others but anti bodies are generated in my body so nothing to worry. But i should be in observation.No need to follow any food diet.This is what he suggested.

But after discussing with few friends/reading details in the internet. i decided to go a gasteroenterologist with this reports. The Gastero doctor looked at the reports and told me the physcian took unwanted test , please take only the below tests

1.Anti HBC IGM
    2. HBV DNA quantitative

i got the results of the first test(Anti HBC IGM), its negative. but i am waiting for the quantitative test results.

Friend please tell me now , what this report suggest? Is this virus in my body for long time? i never gave/brought blood from others. I am from india and 28 yrs old married. I am not sure how i am infected. Can you please throw some light on this? thanks in advance

The following user gives a hug of support to prabhu123:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
    prabhu123
    (male)

prabhu123 HB User
    Re: Diagnosed with Hepatitis B;whats next?

Hi friends i got the DNA Load cout results this week and its 1400 per 1 ml blood, is this a danger level? whats the minimum and maximum level, is there any range kind of thing for this test?

The following user gives a hug of support to prabhu123:
    luyingjie (01-25-2012)
    Closed Thread