It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• Hep C Anyone else taking Solvaldi

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
    2therock
    (male)

2therock HB User
    Anyone else taking Solvaldi

I have started Solvaldi / Ribavirin treatments for HCV G-Type 2.

I take 1 Solvaldi a day and two Ribavirin Tabs a day. I take a Solvaldi and Ribavirin in the AM and a Ribavirin in the evening.

Over the years I have treated twice with the interferon/riba, a 6 month and a 1 year and failed to SVR.

Would like to start a thread for Solvaldi users. There are Co-Pay assistance coupons out there.

Good Luck All

2therock

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2014, 05:25 AM   #2
    erk
    (male)

erk HB Usererk HB User
    Re: Anyone else taking Solvaldi

2therock,

This sounded like a good idea to me, too bad no one has replied yet. I have had Hep C for 45 years, never received any treatment, and am now waiting for the FDA to approve Solvaldi and ledipasvir. I am interested in how individuals with genotype 2 respond.

Please keep us informed.

Thanks,
    ERK

Old 03-09-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
    2therock
    (male)

2therock HB User

There are lots of folks on the Solvaldi & Riba TX thats FDA Approved. So, does the Solvaldi & Ledipasvir combo has to be approved?

Day 10 of 84 for me. So far I started getting nausea after taking the Riba & Solvaldi together in the AM.
    So I am adjusting in steps to take Riba alone in the early AM am and a couple hours later taking the Solvaldi.

If I stay occupied and hydrated it helps.

2therock

Old 03-10-2014, 04:50 AM   #4
    erk
    (male)

erk HB Usererk HB User

Presently, Solvaldi is FDA approved for genotype 2. When it was approved in Dec 2013 the FDA also approved a Sovaldi/interferon combo for genotype 1, the genotype I have.

In February 2014 Gilead, the makers of Sovaldi, applied to the FDA for the Solvaldi/Ledipasvir combo eliminating the need for interferon. I am guessing this will take up to 8 months to get approved based on how long it took the FDA to approve Solvaldi in the first place.

There are 2 or 3 other pharma corporations out there with their own drugs all preparing to make application to the FDA. It looks like 2014 will be a big year for hep-C treatments.

Good luck to you, I hope it all works out for the best.

ERK

Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
    2therock
    (male)

2therock HB User

Thanks,

I want t o post about my sides. Its day 10 and I had nausea on the 4 & 5th days.

I took a Riba and a Sovaldi together in the AM's and another Riba in the PM.
    I suspected it had to be the Riba & Sovaldi together in the AM causing my nausea so I backed off on the Sovaldi to 4 hrs after the AM Riba.

I have been fine since.

Now I just get the periods of Yuk and periods of hyper activeness or energy bursts. The energy periods are after the Sovaldi between the Riba doses. After the PM Riba its yuk time.

2therock

Last edited by 2therock; 03-10-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #6
    zonker77
    (male)

zonker77 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    I have started Solvaldi / Ribavirin treatments for HCV G-Type 2.

I take 1 Solvaldi a day and two Ribavirin Tabs a day. I take a Solvaldi and Ribavirin in the AM and a Ribavirin in the evening.

Over the years I have treated twice with the interferon/riba, a 6 month and a 1 year and failed to SVR.

Would like to start a thread for Solvaldi users. There are Co-Pay assistance coupons out there.

Good Luck All
    Waiting to schedule delivery of Solvaldi,Pegasys(interferon) and Ribavirin. Probably start Fri. Or Mon.(today is Wed.) This will be my third time. Last time had to take Procrit because red blood cell levels too low, had to stop the Procrit and have 3 or 4 transfusions. This time no Procrit,......more tranfusions? I also have type II diabetes,high blood pressure and had a triple bypass 2 years ago right after the last interferon attempt. Dr. warned me that this time is different...could possibly do harm because the cirosis is so advanced. I would probably be better off with the non-interferon treatment, I think that's what kills the red blood cells. Unfortunately Doc says I can't wait because it might be a year before it's approved and it might be too late then. Oh well...we'll see.....I'll keep you updated.

Oh yeah.......big time copay assistance is easily available. My Solvaldi copay is $5 (a month!) and Pegasys is 0! Ribavirin copay is $110 a month.

UPDATE; Just got a call from Humana,drugs will be delivered Tues. 3/18 with a zero co-pay!!

Last edited by zonker77; 03-13-2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: update

Old 03-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
    2therock
    (male)

2therock HB User

Good luck. I did two stints of pegasys. The positive side is while treating the erosion stops and some healing takes place.

While doing the injections I lost hair, my very wavy hair thinned and straightened, just to name a few. Jergens Ultra Healing lotions waa great.

Good luck

2therock

Closed Thread