It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board

• question about chance of hepatitis b.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
    mrdlau
    (male)

mrdlau HB User
    question about chance of hepatitis b.

I found out I have chronic inactive hepatitis from my dr. We are managing it and so far, it hasn't done life threatening damage. Just need to monitor every 6 months.

I'm more concerned about my wife. I know the best way is to get her checked. She is visiting a dr soon to check, but i'm just trying to educate myself just for the sake of knowing what to expect.

I know for a fact that she has not had the vaccine when she was born, because it wasn't after she was born that the vaccine became required. However, I read a lot online and a lot of the sites say that "90% of adults recover from hepatitis B" even if they are infected.

Is this true? If so, is it just luck of the draw, as to who is in the 10% that will get infected?? Is this saying that there is a 90% chance that my wife will not get it?

If she does get it, how much of a damage could it have done? We have only known each other for 2 years, so if she did get it from me, she would only have had it for 2 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2015, 01:28 AM   #2
    Frank935
    (male)

Frank935 HB User
    Re: question about chance of hepatitis b.

Well it seems I unknowingly had chronic hepatitis B for years and years and didn't spread it at all. I think it has something to do with how active the virus is, and it goes through periods when one is contagious and when one is not, but I'm not really sure of that. I doubt your wife is in serious danger, but why not get her vaccinated now -- I had no idea the vaccination was only for infants, although of course a new baby should always get it immediately, at least here in Asia.

Closed Thread