It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board

• Can inguinal hernia cause testicular discomfort?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
    farigys
    (male)

farigys HB User
    Can inguinal hernia cause testicular discomfort?

I am a 29-year old Asian male, 5'7" and 165 pounds. I have been having this discomfort in my groin for 3 weeks now. It started as someone is squeezing my right testicle continuously, and started to become painful in my upper thigh. The pain went away in a couple of days, but the discomfort (squeezy feeling) still remains. I went to a doctor- she told me that I have an inguinal hernia and refered me to an ultrasound. The ultrasound came clean so she sent me to a general surgeon. After physical exam the surgeon told me that I have a really preliminary case of inguinal hernia.
    Thing is, my right testicle is always in discomfort. It is not pain par se, but it is distracting enough to disturb my regular life. it almost goes away when I stand or walk, but comes back as I sit or lie down. I don't have a problem with urinating- no burning sensation or anything, and the color is normal. I am not sexually active so the doctor told me that it is not an STI. I am not taking any medicine right now and don't have any medical issue. I could not find any lump on the testicle either, but I am not sure about that. But the scrotum feels a little unusual- it sticks to my right upper thigh all the time which did not occur much before.
    I am wondering if hernia alone can create this kind of discofort in one testicle (and scrotum). I would really appreciate any advice out there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2017, 01:21 AM   #2
    wilky44
    (male)

wilky44 HB User
    Re: Can inguinal hernia cause testicular discomfort?

Hi. Having just had bilateral direct inguinal surgery (shouldice) yesterday, i feel your pain. I would say that yes, an inguinal hernia can cause testicular pain as I too suffered from it. I was told that the inguinal nerve can get irritated/inflamed by the hernia, and this in turn can cause pain from the top of it (in the groin area) down into the testicle and thigh.

My pain was intermittent, but in both sides and testicles, and at times it wasn't very nice!. I also have a variocele on my left testicle which didn't help matters

Reply Reply

Tags
    hernia, testicular pain