It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board

• Gastritis, IBS, GERD, Hiatal Hernia...Please Help.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #16
    ladywolf789
    (female)

ladywolf789 HB User
    Re: Gastritis, IBS, GERD, Hiatal Hernia...Please Help.

Ginger root juice..put some ginger root in a juicer..juice it and put it in a jar, and put it in the fridge. Then every morning when you wake up, before you eat or drink or brush your teeth, take 1 tsp of it. Do not eat or drink for 20 minutes. Take it every morning for about 2 weeks. It tastes awful for first couple of days (kinda burns), then you get used to it. It will make the GERD symptoms go away. It will not CURE the problem, just let you feel better. You can take it with all your other meds. It was the ONLY thing that worked for me so that I could function. Took about 1 week for me to work. Usually takes up to 3 weeks to work. But it does work. I was able to go off ALL my meds. During that time I was more relaxed, and was able to change my diet, and habits and have not had any major episodes again. (skilled relaxtion, or yoga..whateever..really helps too). I still have to take Zantac every now and then now, but got the major symptoms gone.
    As far as jumping off the chair...lol It works sometimes. With your belly full of water, (dont over do it), just jump off a chair...sometimes its just enough "gravity" to pull down the hernia. Remember though...never ever lie down or bend down after you eat...wait at least 2 hours. That was a big help. Oh...and dont wear tight pants..or bras...that helps too. Live and learn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2005, 09:34 PM   #17
    diehard
    (female)

diehard HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MattT
    Hi,

I've been reading these boards for about a month to find help with what I am
    experienecing. I think this board is a great place for people to gather and find answers, but I have not yet found anything that fits my specific situation. Please bear with me for this....

Sometime in December I would wake up vomiting and took several trips to the ER where they told me I had a virus. I also started having constant pains right in the center of my chest. I went for all of the heart tests and they found nothing. Then in the beginning of February I had a really bad attack of nausea, chest pain, belching, etc...which kept me up for 2 days. I brought most of this on myself I believe with mixing a lot of alcohol and chinese food in a weekend long birthday celebration for myself. Spent another night in the ER.

This is where it gets really bad. My doctor thought it was GERD and put me on Prevacid 30mg once per day and sent me for Upper GI. It came back ok, but I got worse. He sent me to a GI in March who scheduled me for an Endo and a Colonoscopy (due to family history) and put me on the Prevacid 2x daily. I felt a little relief for a week or 2 and then just as bad if not worse again. The Colonloscopy came back fine, but the Endo showed Gastritis and small Hiatal Hernia. Doctor said not to worry......

I kept getting worse instead of better. I was recently switched off the Prevacid to Protonix 40mg 2x daily and since the Endo and Colon tests I have also began having abdominal pains and my bathroom habits have changed drastically. My doctor diagnosed IBS due to stress and started me on Zoloft this week. Now I am on both medications, I am eating right (a high fiber diet I got straight out of a book written by a GI specifically for my problems), excercising daily (long walks and my job required I'm on my feet all day), but again after a few days I seem to just be getting worse. Today is just horrible and I had to post because I am nearing desperation. The following are the symptoms I've experieced the past 3 days on a constant basis.....

1 - Pain in the upper abdomen after extended physical activities or long walks.

2 - Throbbing in upper chest/esophageal area all the way up to the throat especially after a deep breath. (Nerves?)

3 - Painful rising of something, not sure what, from lower chest to throat. Feels like air bubble, adrenaline or could I have even caused nerve damage and would the endo have shown this?

4 - Sickness or nausea either in throat or stomach.

5 - Constant feeling that I have to move my bowels. Sometimes I can't go for days, sometimes I can't stop.

6 - Pain right in center of chest where esophagus meets stomach (hiatal hernia?) when I twist, bend, or turn a certain way.

Most recently....

7 - Pain under toungue in back of jaw area and in neck like there is something in my throat.

8 - Massively excessive belching, especially when sitting or standing after leaning back or lying down for more than a minute. This is causing pain now because I am belching every single minute today and sometimes I even belch food up.

9 - Full, bloated, hard, stiff feeling from throat to waist, worse when lying down or after meals, but always present even when I haven't eaten in hours or just sitting down. Feels like things aren't being digested.

10 - Pain and spasms in lower/mid abdomen/intestines while lying down or after eating.

I'm in a lot of discomfort and some pain right now in my stomach, chest, and throat from all the bupring. I'm looking for alternative methods and even looking into hypnotherapy thinking I have to be reprogrammed, but these things are expensive and I don't even know what to buy. I'm doing everything right and getting no relief. I haven't had a comfortable day in months. Can anybody suggest anything?

Much appreciation in advance,
    Matt

This is what I had and was treated very effectively. I had bacterial gastritis. The doctor treated me with, Protonix, Amoxicillin, Biaxin, for 2 weeks. I had a sharp pain in my stomach it hurt so bad , I never felt anything like this. I belched a lot and pass gas. I still I'm belching and called my doctor but he wasn't in till wed. But the stomach pain went away. The gastroenlogist took a biopsy of my stomach and this is when he found the bacterial gastritis. Gastritis can be viral or bacterial, caused by a bacteria H.Plyori. If yours is viral I don't know how they treat that one. But on the google and look up gastritis this will give you a heads up on your problem if it is gastritis causing it. Good Luck, God bless

Old 05-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #18
    sculpture
    (female)

sculpture HB User

Please lookup ********. It is supposed to be amazing for digestive issues. Also, do a search on **************. I have been very interested in these for a couple weeks now and want to order some but I keep delaying.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:48 PM   #19
    sculpture
    (female)

sculpture HB User

oh no, they won't allow me to post it.

Closed Thread