It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board

• DDD Cervical Herniations Dizziness Balance Problems Weakness Tired all the time

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
    notpain
    Inactive
    (male)

notpain HB User
    DDD Cervical Herniations Dizziness Balance Problems Weakness Tired all the time

I posted a message in the Back pain area, and I will try to make this shorter. I was diagnosed via X-RAY and MRI w/ cervical disc herniations at C4/5 posterior, C5/6 posterior AND anterior, C6/7 DDD - it is pretty flat and has a subtle buldge out the back. None are pressing on the spinal canal. There is some formina narrowing on the right side at C5/6. I feel very little pain, but have an odd sensation that has just about got me ready to climb into the box - constant pressure in the back of my neck to the base of my skull that varies in intensity but never leaves. I was also diagnosed via MRI with Chronic Sinusitis in the Ehtmoid, Maxillary, and Frontal Sinuses.

My balance is terrible, but it's not vertigo it's just a feeling that I can not stand up. As the balance gets worse I get Nausea. I have some degree of Nausea all the time. I spend my days in a recliner with my neck supported. I wish I could exercise but I can walk for maybe 10 minutes then the balance problems escalate. On occassion walking is better than standing still - such as while grocery shopping. By the time I get to the check out I am hanging on to the cart just to keep from falling. It's a very strange sensation. And what is stranger is I have the pressure in the back of my neck (much like you would get with a tension headache, and stress and tension do make it worse) but I feel very little pain. Never had any pain in my arms, legs, or any pins and needles or numbness. I've had facet joint blocks - no help, and the Epidural Cortico Steroid injections - no help. I can not sleep for more than 1-3 hours then I awaken. And it's not positional as I can be on my back, my side or my stomach when I awaken.

I've seen many physicans and I'm about ready to quit giving them my MRI's because when I do they don't do any examination (but still charge me full tilt) but only look at the films and think it's my neck causing the problems, but can not tell me why. They just say something vague like neck problems can create dizziness (it's hard to tell them over and over it's not really dizziness or vertigo it's just imbalance). Nothing is spinning, head movements do not make it worse, it's constant. I feel as though if the pressure in my neck would just subside I would be just fine, but it never does.

So I visited a Naturopathic Doctor and he was the first to really suggest that my problems my be the sinusitis or nerves and NOT the neck. It's worth a look. I have tried Neurotherapy to stimulate the Trimengal nerve with no luck. I should mention that I haver sever muscle imbalances in my neck, and my injury was not cause by Trauma but by horrible posture and seeminly endless long days in front of a computer. It's my belief that my head forward posture "pulled" my neck down until it finally gave and the discs ruptured. All my injury is on my right side, and I am right handed and if it isn't bad enough to have a forward head positon, my right shoulder and arm were always forward holding the mouse. I have really chronically tightened muscles in my right shoulder. I have been working the past 10 weeks doing physical therapy exercises to stretch these muscles and retrain the weak muscles. I can't belive no one suggested Physical Therapy last August when it happened. I had not idea what to do and didn't want to risk further injury by exercising the area. Anyways that's the basics.

So are there any of you out there who have neck injury but seem to have little pain, just balance or nausea problems. I'm at my witts end. The Naturopath suggested I may have picked up some kind of inner ear virus, so I am trying to get in to see and ENT now. I have focused so much on my neck as being the causek that maybe it's time to consider nerves, virus, or the sinus infection. I am open to all ideas and treatments. I did the spit test for Candida this morning. Who knows if it's a valid test? Within 3 minutes I had "legs" from the saliva to the bottom of the glass. Candida can supposedly cause sinus problems, but can it also cause inner ear problems?

I'm lost in this who experience, but I am really very tired of the daily struggle just to make it to the next day. And being in a state of physical imbalance, difficulty walking, no appetite, very weak and tired but unable to get any restful sleep I'd pretty much be willing to try anything. I'd be happy just to get rid of the Nausea, which is the worst of all. Feeling like I am beginning the process of throwing up but never throwing up, and never getting any relief from this feeling is the worst. I'm not here to whine, I'm hear to explore and learn. The physcians I've seen so far have taken a lot of my money - I'm at $17,000 out of pocket, but offer no help. They just say I don't know. They put me on meds that about destroyed my brain (clonazeapam) which thankfully I am off after 2 months of withdrawals. So here I am now 1 year later as of August 16th - 2 weeks from now, $17,000 poorer, in even worse shape and no MD can even offer a suggestion of what to do next.

So fire away I'm willing to try about anything. How many think it is NOT the neck and is the Sinuses and some kind of virus. How many think Candida overgrowth could be the culprit. How many think it may be something I haven't eve thought of? Let me know. I'll shut up now. Thank You to all that read this message.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #2
    lindamor
    (female)

lindamor HB User
    Re: DDD Cervical Herniations Dizziness Balance Problems Weakness Tired all the time

There are prescription meds for nausea and also herbal remedies like ginger.

Closed Thread