It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board

• Hiatal hernia comes and goes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2003, 09:12 AM   #1
    bluepumkin

bluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB User
    Post Hiatal hernia comes and goes

I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia in 1995. Since then I have been on every PPI you can name and currently on Nexium. I have even lost weight. Sometimes I have no pain for long periods of time, then at other times EVERYTHING causes me the blues. In August 2002 I had an endoscope, no hernia. I recently had two chest x-rays (one for a car accident) and 2 months later I had another because of this heartburn and pain. They both showed no hiatal hernia. I had a CT scan 3 weeks ago, no hiatal hernia. I had a scope 3 days ago, now I have a hernia again. How can a hernia come and go? Has anyone had it fixed? I hate to think that after 8 years of this excruciating pain, I will have to live with this forever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2003, 08:24 AM   #2
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    My wife has lived with the hernia pain for years. She has found that most pain is caused by spasms and started taking a muscle relaxer--- homeopathic remedy --- Magnesia Phos. and she uses it and takes it in her purse when out. She has found that PPIs don't not help much with cramps and spasms.

The homeopathic remidy is inexpensive and you can buy it at health food stores.

I don't know want sort of Vitamin/ Mineral program you are on but it should include a Calcium- Magnesium supplement with Vit D for muscles and bone health. It would also help to some extent with the hernia pain.

God Bless---Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited 07-06-2003).]

Old 07-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #3
    bluepumkin

bluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB Userbluepumkin HB User
    Thanks I will take that into consideration.

Closed Thread