It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board

• Hiatal Hernia causing skipped heart beat?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
    donegal27
    Inactive
    (female)

donegal27 HB User
    Hiatal Hernia causing skipped heart beat?

I have a large HH and notice over the months that when I suddenly burst out laughing, my heart will skip or jump a beat. This also happens when I bend over to pick up something off the floor or even slouch too much at the pc. Is this occuring because of the HH pushing up when I do these things? I read through other posts but haven't seen this answered...thanks..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
    birden57
    (female)

birden57 HB User
    Re: Hiatal Hernia causing skipped heart beat?

I had a endoscopy and it show that I had a hiatal hernia , after the test was over and the doctor came in my room and told me that the endoscopy show mild gastritis at the distal stomach, and a hiatal hernia, can you tell me anything about a hiatal hernia?

How do it make you feel? the doctor said the hernia was nothing.
    And, he gave me Protonix, I was taking Nexium but I was having bad side affects for it , so he put me on the Protonix.
    So, if you can please tell me how do the hiatal hernia make you feel?
    I have all kind of feeling, just about all the time, if it not one pain it two.

I had been taking Nexium for about three years and had a endoscopy May 10 and it show that I had gastritis, is acid medicines all the doctors give people for gastritis ,hiatal hernia, If I had gastritis and had been taking Nexium for three years is was not doing anything for the gastritis at all, and if the Nexium do not stop the gastritis what will the Protonix do, it is a acid medicines to.

Any reply thank you.
    birden

Last edited by moderator4; 07-28-2006 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Repeating Quote is not necessary.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
    donegal27
    Inactive
    (female)

donegal27 HB User
    Re: Hiatal Hernia causing skipped heart beat?

Hi,
    Mostly I have a sense of being too full in that area center just above the waistline. So I have to eat smaller amounts of food many times a day and nothing after 8 p.m. or I am very uncomfortable when I lie down. Along with the skipped heart beats when I bend over, slouch or suddenly laugh hard, it hasn't caused me any other problems. I think what I have is enough anyway...

Closed Thread