It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board

• Too young to have 4 herniated discs.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
    joe2723
    (male)

joe2723 HB User
    Question Too young to have 4 herniated discs.

I'm currently 27 and had my double fusion on L2 L3 L4 in sep. of '05. I have been having horrible pain in my lower back, which felt different from the pain I had from my previous lower back problems. after two trips to the hospital and the loss of my job, I decided to have another MRI. The new MRI Showed two additional herniated discs directly above my fussion(L4 L5 S1). What are the best treatment options to look in to??? I'm also having serious trouble dealing with the depression and anxiety associated with long term chronic pain(over 8 years).

The following user gives a hug of support to joe2723:
    fishinocean (03-20-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
    fishinocean
    (female)

fishinocean HB User
    Re: Too young to have 4 herniated discs.

Hi Joe.

I'm so sorry for your pain! I was diagnosed with 2 good sized sequestrated discs about 3 years ago (I just turned 19), and I did go through a very hard time which included depression and chronic pain down both my legs, especially my right leg, but things have completely changed since Jesus reached out His holy hand for me; He has turned pain into pleasure and malady into a memorable lesson!

When I got my second MRI results, my doctor, who is a highly skilled one, said that there would be a high probability of me undergoing a surgery if physiotherapy and a widely prescribed medication called Lyrica didn't work on me, for the size of the two discs was large, and consequently causing me chronic pain (and sometimes numbness) down my right leg. Now I am feeling a lot better though I still can't sit for a long period of time unless I take a Brufen tablet... otherwise sitting can be extremely painful and at many times unachievable... Still, thank the Lord Jesus for making those Lyrica tablets work well!

I have also lost many things I like; I haven't been physically able to go on 5 trips with my friends because of my back so far. I have lost the chance of going to Germany as a volunteer, and I also had to stay in bed for a very long time when I first found out about it...

I'm having my third MRI in like 2 weeks, and hopefully my patience and following my doctor's instructions will pay off. Besides my doctor told me about a newly invented device by a Canadian orthopedic surgeon called KTT (Iím not sure of the spelling, though, sorry). Over 3,000 people with different levels of disc severity have benefited from it noticeably, so Iím gonna give it a shot! We can keep in contact if you want just to let you know how the KTT sessions would go with me.

you must be really strong - strong enough, to handle and hopefully overcome this condition.

I hope you get well soon, and I will always pray for you.

Best wishes,
    fishinocean

< edited >

Last edited by fishinocean; 03-19-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Closed Thread