It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hernia Message Board

Hernia or Something Else

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: nyc
Posts: 6
nobbyknucks HB User
Hernia or Something Else

i normally don't go on boards to seek advice. i would rather see an actual doctor but i am in somewhat of an insurance snafu for a few weeks and need to ease my mind....

about 6 years ago i thought i had testicular cancer. went to 2 doctors and they said i may have had epidymitis. i wasn't given any prescriptions. i later went to the clinic to get tested for STD's and i was clean so if i did have it it wasn't related to that...

fast forward to now. every once in a while i would have what feels like an ache or small pain where my hip connects to my thigh. lower right side abdomen. some days i am fine. some weeks i am fine. then i might have a bad day or a bad week even....

there are no lumps or protrusions. i cant feel anything when pressing on the area but i still feel heaviness. my inner thing occasionally aches as well. and recently my lower right side ( i guess you can abdomen) feels heavy and just full. i have no other symptoms and am wondering what the hell it could be???

testicular cancer was ruled out but it still scares me. inguinal hernia? epididymitis? would that last that many years without clearning up?

its scary to know something may be wrong and id love to go to the doctor but if he wants tests or follow ups without insurance i am screwed. its not debilitating pain. its just on and off i feel kinda awful. just like unwell. and its getting to be bothersome.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 09-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 41
EducatedPanther HB User
Re: Hernia or Something Else

I didn't know I had an inguinal hernia for a few years after the even that caused it... I would lean more towards a possible hernia myself. The only way to tell though is to talk to a medical doctor. Even though you can't tell just by looking or feeling, a medical doctor may, since they are trained on what is normal and what isn't... it may be subtle. Or if he cant he will probably recommend an MRI.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!