It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Is this herpes?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
    nathan9216
    (male)

nathan9216 HB User
    Exclamation Is this herpes?

Hi,

I am a sexually active male. I usually use a condom with my partners but on the odd occasion do not. Last Wednesday was one of those occasions. 2 days later a small cluster of seven small spots appeared to the side of my groin, the cluster stretches the length of my thumb so are pretty spread out. Since first noticing them on Friday they have reduced and are almost gone. They haven't been painful and have come with no other symptoms.

I am just hoping that this is perhaps just an irritation of the skin from maybe the boxers I've been wearing as opposed to it being herpes related.

This is also the first time it has occured and the are of the groin they are in is just outside of my pubic hairs.

Any advice or comments would be great, thanks

P.S. I get checked regularly and since my last all clear this girl is the only one I have slept with unprotected

Last edited by nathan9216; 03-29-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #2
    Johnny Rotten
    (male)

Johnny Rotten HB User
    Re: Is this herpes?

The only way to know is to get tested by a doctor. If you don't have insurance look for a walk in clinic you can pay in cash or clinic that might examine you for free.

Last edited by Johnny Rotten; 04-03-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:52 AM   #3
    DefaultName
    (female)

DefaultName HB User
    Re: Is this herpes?

Hi,

I agree with the previous poster that you can only know for sure if it is a herpes symptom by having a doctor swab the infected area or you get blood work done.

Here are some facts about herpes:
    1. Even if you get tested regularly for STDs, herpes is not routinely tested. Often if you want to be tested for HSV-2, you have to ask for it specifically.
    2. You can get herpes from protected sex, although condoms lessen the risk.
    3. Herpes is commonly mistaken for bug bites, jock itch, condom allergies, etc.

I personally contracted herpes last week and have done numerous amounts of research on the topic. I went and got tested two days ago. The cluster you are describing sounds very similar to the symptoms I was displaying, and I am almost certain, as was the doctor, that I have herpes. Another tall-tale sign is whether you had any blisters. Outside of the cluster, I had a small blister. My herpes sore was also on the external genitals, next to the pubic hair.

I strongly recommend getting tested if you have any question. Emotionally and psychologically it is hard to accept the social stigma of herpes, but you want to decrease the spread of infection to future partners.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nathan9216 View Post
    Hi,

I am a sexually active male. I usually use a condom with my partners but on the odd occasion do not. Last Wednesday was one of those occasions. 2 days later a small cluster of seven small spots appeared to the side of my groin, the cluster stretches the length of my thumb so are pretty spread out. Since first noticing them on Friday they have reduced and are almost gone. They haven't been painful and have come with no other symptoms.

I am just hoping that this is perhaps just an irritation of the skin from maybe the boxers I've been wearing as opposed to it being herpes related.

This is also the first time it has occured and the are of the groin they are in is just outside of my pubic hairs.

Any advice or comments would be great, thanks

P.S. I get checked regularly and since my last all clear this girl is the only one I have slept with unprotected

Last edited by DefaultName; 04-22-2015 at 12:55 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    groin, herpes, herpes sore std, herpes symptoms, spots, std