It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

Herpes or a yeast infection..??

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
canaliz
(female)

canaliz HB User
Arrow Herpes or a yeast infection..??

I'm a 20 year old female and just this Monday I was feeling this sort of discomfort in my vagina, like a weird pressure. I felt like I needed to use the restroom more frequently and I was experiencing a lot of burning whenever I did go pee so it made me think that I might have a uti. I was also feeling pain and itchiness, it felt like I had a cut down there. It was an unbearable itch and pain to a point where I wanted to cry! There was no unusual discharge, it was the normal clear discharge as always. So I went and saw a doctor at urgent care, I gave a urine sample and the doctor also took swab samples. She said it looks like I've got a rash around my vaginal opening. Took a closer look and then she said there were some bumps in that area as well and she told me it looked like herpes just by looking at it. She prescribed Valtrex and instructed me to take it twice a day for ten days. Tuesday and Wednesday were probably the worst days, I started getting a thick white discharge, there was more itching around my labia, and more pain around my opening. It hurt to sit or walk or basically do anything. On Wednesday I went to see my actual doctor and told her about my visit at the urgent care office and she took a look for herself. She also said it looked like herpes to her too. She decided to take her own samples to have tested and she also had me take a blood test so it was a more thorough test, I most likely won't be hearing from them until next week. I continued taking the Valtrex and Advil for the pain. Well on Thursday the urgent care office gave me a phone call saying my test results came back in, I'm negative for any STD's however it came back positive for a yeast infection. By Thursday my symptoms weren't as severe, I was feeling much better than before. I'm just confused as to why my symptoms were so similar to herpes because yeast infections normally don't cause any bumps or sores, unless I'm wrong? I got my pill and cream for the yeast infection and I am feeling relief. No more burning when I pee either. But the doctor did tell me to finish my Valtrex I'm not sure why. Could my test be a false negative? I feel like I'm being paranoid and I can't tell if the Valtrex really did help me or if it was the Advil, or if the symptoms just started going away on their own. If it really is herpes would the sores and bumps go away so quickly or does it usually take time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
herpes, yeast infection