It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Genital HSV1 or Something Else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
    JustDiagnosed77
    (male)

JustDiagnosed77 HB User
    Question Genital HSV1 or Something Else?

Please bare with me as I am trying to figure out what is going on with me. About four weeks ago I started having a mild burning/uncomfortable sensation in my penis. Since I had been sexually active recently I considered it could be an STD. I went to and urgent care clinic and gave a urine sample. The urine tested positive for bacteria. In order to know what type of bacteria they needed to send it off for testing. Well the new tech threw away the sample before it could be sent off. So the Dr. just went ahead and prescribed me Rocephin and Amoxocillin. So two weeks later it only got worse. I still had the same burning sensation as before as well as some tenderness in my testicals. At this point I registered online for a complete STD panel. I went to a labcorp and submitted a urine sample and had blood drawn. A week later I received the results. I tested positive for HSV1.
    From my research, HSV1 is usually oral, but can be genital. The reason I am questioning whether my symptoms are caused from the HSV1 is because the first time I went to the urgent care clinic, I tested positive for bacteria in my urine. HSV1 I a virus, not bacteria. This leads me to believe I have something else going on, some sort of infection (possibly prostatitis). Also, I have no visible signs of a herpes outbreak, no sores, ulcers, or redness. I do know that visible signs aren't always present.
    Of course I will be making an appt with my regular physician to try to figure out what's going on, but in the meantime I would love some input from someone out there who is more educated than I on the subject.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    hsv1