It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Please help me understand symptoms!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
    ineedhelplease
    (female)

ineedhelplease HB User
    Please help me understand symptoms!!

Okay. I was sleeping with someone I met when living abroad. We had unprotected sex one time. Roughly 6 weeks after the last time we slept together, I felt a bump on the inside of my outer labia. Naturally, I lost my ****. I don't remember it hurting, really... (this was a year and a half ago now). I think it hurt a little when it was pressed. But I went to the doctor anyway after spending 5 days freaking out. So when I saw the doctor 5 days later, the bump was gone. I was worried about genital warts. She told me they wouldn't go away that quickly. She tested me for all the other common STDs (except herpes, obviously) and everything came back clear.

So... a year and a half later, and every now and then I get a similar bump in a similar spot. I would describe it as being a pimple. I've had about 4 or 5 since the first one over a year and a half ago.

I know. I know. I need to go to the doctor. I have an appointment booked next week. But in the meantime, can anyone give me their opinion on whether or not this could be herpes?

I've been doing a lot of research, and I realize that self diagnosing on the internet is just TERRIBLE. But I feel like I might have it. I've read a lot about how some people have really mild symptoms and don't even know they are infected. In fact, I've read others describe it as thinking they had a pimple down there... like I just described it...

The last one I got was September 4th. And again, it was gone in about a week. It hurt when I touched it, but that's it. Never opened up and crusted over or anything, just simply disappeared. No pain during urination, either. Perhaps what scares me the most is the fact that I had a cut on my finger during that same time. I completely shredded it on a mussel in the ocean. Well. Here we are September 19 and that cut is still not healed. In fact, it looks like there is a blister on it. And I've been reading a lot about herpetic whitlow now... did I just re-infect myself and give myself genital herpes on my ******* finger??

So yeah. Since there are people out there who have mild symptoms of genital herpes, and because I'm just usually pretty unlucky in life, oh yeah, and because my finger is now weird, I'm 99.9% sure that I probably have genital herpes. I'm also a pessimist. But I feel like bracing myself for the worst now will make the news easier to take when my doctor calls me and says "Yes. You do have genital herpes. Goobye."

Anyways, if someone could give me their opinion on it all before I see my doctor, it would be nice to hear what you think. Does it sound like it could be herpes to you or not??

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by ineedhelplease; 09-19-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
    ineedhelplease
    (female)

ineedhelplease HB User
    Re: Please help me understand symptoms!!

I love how so many people view threads, yet no one cares to take some time to respond. Such a shame when people are looking for some support from SOMEwhere...

Closed Thread

Tags
    bump, genital, herpes, symptoms