It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Herpatic Whitlow Transmission

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2015, 06:13 AM   #1
    pandab3ar
    (female)

pandab3ar HB User
    Herpatic Whitlow Transmission

Hello,
    I havea question concerning herpatic whitlow's transmission.
    Yesterday I woke up with a cold sore and immediatly took valacyclovir 2g. I also noticed a small water like blister on my hand that was maybe 3mm in diameter. I freaked out thinking it was herpatic whitlow but I did not have any pain and there as some redness but not a lot. I went to the doctor to get it cultured but she said they could only do a biopsy. So I agreed and they did a small shave biopsy and then cauterized part of it. I dont know why but she didnt cauterize part of it (i dont think she saw it). Anyways. Today morning I was brushing my teeth and did not have a band aid on it as I was washing my hand after, and some saliva with toothpaste fell out of my mouth and landed right on the biopsy site. Mind you, I have an active cold sore on the lower left side of my lip. I've read saliva can transmit the HSV virus, especially with an open wound. Now I am freaking out thinking I may have just really given myself herpatic whitlow.
    I did wash it off as soon as I saw it and then washed my hands and the area with soap and water. (the lesion is on my index finger)

What is the percentage that it was transmitted?

If it was can I go get a lab test done or something to see if I have herpatic whitlow specifically? Or do I have to just wait for it to pop up.

Thank you,
    PANDAB3AR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    herpes, herpes phobia, hsv, transmission