It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Contagious outbreaks, or just tingling??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
    Megan01
    (female)

Megan01 HB User
    Contagious outbreaks, or just tingling??

Hi,
    I was diagnosed with HSV-1 about 5 months ago. My first outbreak (about 4 days after sexual activity) was very painful with lots of sores all around my genital area. That cleared up with medication after about 10 days. Since then I haven't gotten any outbreaks like my first one. I do get regular tingling sensations though, only in my inner left labia. Sometimes this is accompanied by redness and irritation/itchiness in the tingling area. Sometimes it isn't accompanied by any outward signs, it's just a tingly sensation. I've never had any blisters, sores, or bumps except for the first time.
    What I was wondering is, when I experience this sensation, am I having an "outbreak", should I consider myself contagious and abstain from sex? It happens quite regularly, often around my period and sometimes in between too. Does anyone else have this type of experience with their herpes? Also, if I was to go on suppressive therapy, would this keep the tingly feeling away for the most part? Right now I'm worried because I don't want to give this to anyone and if I am contagious very often, it impacts any sexual relationships I have in a huge way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2016, 07:12 AM   #2
    waterm
    (female)

waterm HB User
    Re: Contagious outbreaks, or just tingling??

Hi!
    I am sorry I can not help, but I have the same question.
    If you got the answer during all this time please let me know, I do not know what to do
    Thanks!

Old 06-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #3
    Megan01
    (female)

Megan01 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by waterm View Post
    Hi!
    I am sorry I can not help, but I have the same question.
    If you got the answer during all this time please let me know, I do not know what to do
    Thanks!
    Hi, since I posted this message, I have noticed a decrease in any tingling sensations I was experiencing, and also in the irritation in my labia. It stills happens now and then but it does not last as long. I assume this is because it's been almost a year since my first outbreak, and they say that recurrent outbreaks do decrease as time goes on. I sometimes still get a feeling of very slight irritation in my left labia, but it doesn't seem to be accompanied by any tingling sensation so I am thinking it might not be related to my herpes. How long have you had herpes? If you're within your first year of having it then I would assume that your persistent tingling feeling will probably decrease as mine has too. Its annoying though because I did talk to a doctor back when I was having these symptoms and she said basically "oh if you're not experiencing blisters or sores then it isn't an outbreak" but I just don't think it's as simple as that.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:49 AM   #4
    waterm
    (female)

waterm HB User

Hi!
    Thank you so much for your answer.
    I do not know when I got it. I think it was dormant I did it first ob 4 months ago
    It is so annoying...
    I really hope it gets dormant again.
    I also think your doctor is not correct. I have the feeling that many things are unknown
    Wish you all the best
    Thanks again

Old 06-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #5
    Megan01
    (female)

Megan01 HB User

No problem. It's just one of those things that takes some getting used to, but it really isn't the end of the world. The stigma is the worst part, the actual herpes itself is really not that big of a deal. So don't let it get you down😊

Old 06-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #6
    waterm
    (female)

waterm HB User

I am actually felling a bit depressed/anxious/full of fear.
    But hopefully it will be fine. Maybe we are lucky and do not get anything else.
    Thanks a lot for your support!
    Best

Closed Thread

Tags
    herpes, herpes confused, herpes dating spreading, herpes outbreaks