It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Confused, Depressed, & Feeling Guilty ... Please Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
    andrea2216
    (female)

andrea2216 HB User
    Confused, Depressed, & Feeling Guilty ... Please Help

Hi guys,

About a week and a half ago I performed oral sex on a girl. The next day I noticed I was feeling a little sick and a few days later, I had an all out horrible sore throat, fever, chills, and everything for about a week straight. Almost a week after the day we were together, she began experiencing some similar flu-like symptoms, but also genital pain. Now we know she has genital herpes, still waiting to hear back on what kind.

I am going to the doctor tomorrow and am so confused. I did not have any symptoms other than a sore throat, but from what I'm reading that maybe be a sign, or I may not even have symptoms while being contagious. I also got sick immediately after our encounter, does this mean I caught it right before and gave it to her during my primary outbreak in the form of a sore throat? How does this happen!?

I had no idea I had anything (I still don't know for sure, but it seems the only explanation) and feel so guilty for giving it to her. I get STD screenings regularly and was so surprised to learn that herpes is not normally part of this.

Since learning all of this, I can't stop researching, reading or crying. Right now my main concerns are two: dealing with (probably) now having oral herpes (do I tell anyone before I kiss them? Never share a glass? How can I ever have a healthy love life while still disclosing that I have an STD before even a peck?) and trying to remedy the fact that I likely gave a girl herpes. She has been nice but distancing herself and I can also sense some anger, which of course I get, but I just don't know how I should have handled it differently.

If anyone out there is seeing this, I appreciate any, any advice. Thank you so much

The following user gives a hug of support to andrea2216:
    movielover40 (04-06-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
    Ima17
    Inactive
    (female)

Ima17 HB User
    Re: Confused, Depressed, & Feeling Guilty.. Please Help

Those are natural emotions. Its ok. You have to take things one day at a time. Also give her time to come to grips with this. Just read about it and educate yourself.

Closed Thread