It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Are these symptoms of having herpes?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-26-2017, 12:29 PM   #1
    trying2livelife
    (female)

trying2livelife HB User
    Are these symptoms of having herpes?

Hi, a little bit about me is I'm 22 years old and a female who hardly gets sick, but has a psoriasis as a skin condition.

So I accidentally drank out of a cup from a friend who has a history of cold sores on her lips in March 2017. The last time she had a cold sore was in December 2016, but that was the last outbreak she had. I didn't think about it too badly. I just thought it was more of a skin condition that she was suffering. Then in January 2017 she wanted to drink out of my tea in class. I was a bit angry that she put her mouth on my cup, but I really need some caffeine to keep me awake in class so I drank out of it. After that I felt okay and nothing happened. However, I felt a tingling sensation on my face like once in February 2017 and just thought it might be some sort of allergy that I was developing. Then in March 2017 just 2 days after I accidentally drank from her cup I woke up in the middle of the night with my mouth burning like crazy. It continued like that for a while. Sometimes it burns less and other time it was on fire that I can't concentrate and would force me to drop everything that I'm doing to put ice on. During that time I started developing neuropathy all over my body and it continued on for like months. There were a 2 times when I saw that I had some sort of a blister or bump that shows on my lips but it only stayed for a few hours the first time and 2 days the second time. It was like a blister that doesn't show any clear fluid, but would be pinkish or whitish.

Fast forward till today. I don't feel too much of these symptoms, however, it pops up whenever it feels like it. Like sometimes I get a tingle on my face or tingles on my tongue. I started developing a sore throat every few weeks and using oral medicine spray helps it a little. I even wake up in the morning with my mouth a bit numb and see that it's a little swollen and a bit red, but disappear when I eat something cool. I also can't drink a lot of coffee without having to feel like I'm having a panic attack even on days when I don't feel nervous.

I was just wondering if these are the types of symptoms that you would get after being infected with someone who doesn't have a cold sore that is present. I just want to know how it is. I'm pretty much tired of seeing doctors and they can't pin point my problems without having anything visible shown. I got tested 2 times for herpes within 3 months and it came out negative. I should be happy that it's negative. However, I don't believe that I don't have it because I keep getting more symptoms that keeps popping up like a sore throat, redness in the mouth, weird white bumps on the ridges on my tongue. I also developed a lot of psoriasis all over my body like crazy within a few days after I got a sore throat. I have never seen it spread so quickly in my life. Please tell me what you guys think it is.

Last edited by trying2livelife; 06-26-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Are these symptoms of having herpes?

Dear trying2livelife,

I came across your post so I read your other posts. Just want to let you know that herpes is not hard to diagnose. Your test showed that thankfully you do not have herpes, so I think safely you can put that thought to rest.

Still, you do have skin issues, which almost commonly are related to nerve health. Psoriasis is one of those issues that no ones knows for sure why sometimes there are outbreaks and not other times. But still, nerve health is critical for skin health. That includes the internal skin.

I did get herpes, so I have the herpes virus in my blood but I do not get outbreaks. I might have gotten it from my husband who used to get oral herpes (canker sores) outbreaks when anxious and stressed, but now no longer gets those. I believe burning mouth and skin outbreaks are anxiety related, because the symptoms and the anxiety are two sides of the same problem.

I will explain ~ it is common to get outbreaks on the skin or in body orifices from anxiety, from which you admit you do suffer. The monthly period is another well-known physical stress-er that can cause break outs (that are not herpes) on the face and in the mouth.

Many years ago I learned from a Naturopath nurse mid-wife that what helps anxiety or stress related skin issues is to feed the nerves with vitamin B-100 (NOT B Complex which is never a naturally balanced formula). Nerves affect how we feel and also skin health. We can take B100 in pill form but when we have very high anxiety we may benefit more to get B vitamins from a natural source; the only source I know of is Brewer's yeast (NOT bread yeast, which is something completely different).

We do not get B-100 from regular food because no one eats raw grain in the diet, and the vitamin dies when cooked. I don't even know how much raw grain would be required to get enough B vitamins. B vitamins also are found in powdered Brewer's Yeast, which to me needs mixed with orange juice to take it because the taste is so strong. I just take B100 in pill form, available at most US drug stores. My husband likes to mix brewers yeast in water and doesn't mind the taste. The regular yeast used for making bread is NOT Brewer's Yeast. It is different. Don't use bread-making yeast.

Getting upset uses up whatever B vitamins were in the body and leaves us depleted and feeling strung out. Some, like me, need to take B vitamins every day as we suffer from anxiety. Who can know which comes first the B depletion or the anxiety!

Probably most people would benefit from supplementing with B-100. My husband used to get canker sores in his mouth whenever he was worried or very stressed. He began taking B 100 and soon the sores were gone. My whole family takes it regularly now, and have no more stress related canker sores or skin breakouts. Plus we can be calm when stressful things happen, which is a big plus.

I think B 100 or Brewer's yeast may answer your problems....no it is not a 'psoriasis' cure. But it might reduce those outbreaks too as the skin calms down.

B100 is inexpensive and safe to try taking every day for a month to see how it works for you. Healing is not like taking a quick acting drug. So if you try this give your nerves at least a month to heal and settle down and let me know how this works for you.

Last edited by yayagirl; 07-10-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    herpes, herpes misdiagnoses, herpes simplex, herpes simplex virus 1